Robbie Godhigh

1641179365677.gif

sucks he killed someone. NYE is awful with DUI idiots out there.

Truly terrible. Hope he and his passenger recover OK from their serious injuries. If there isn't anything more to this story, he's probably going to jail for a long time...

Edit: Looks like you get like 10-20 years for first degree vehicular homicide in GA

I promise you, when I put that comment in the other thread, I hadn’t read this yet. Please don’t ban me mods.

Damn. I loved Godhigh. This really sucks. He ööööed up and now he needs to face punishment. Prayers to the family of the passenger and to Robbie's family and certainly the driver of the other vehicle.

Robert Godhigh is a common name. Besides he’s from Kennesaw and the article said Robert Godhigh of Dallas. Would AJC not parade this as “former Tech player killed another driver on NYE, probably under the influence” if it was him?

Quinlan says it’s our guy, FWIW. Dunno if he has additional information beyond just what’s in the AJC story or not.

JRjr

The pic above the story (now) isn't credited or have any further details, but it does look like him.

I know I'm getting old because I drove 30 minutes home before midnight just to avoid the New Year's drunks.

It's tragic... So many people drink a little too much, get behind the wheel, and they make it home no problem. But some people have the bad luck to get in an accident when they do it, and ruin their lives.

You wonder what more can be done to prevent it from happening. There is so much impaired driving awareness already... Is it acceptable that this happens so much still?

I know I'm getting old because I drove 30 minutes home before midnight just to avoid the New Year's drunks.

It's tragic... So many people drink a little too much, get behind the wheel, and they make it home no problem. But some people have the bad luck to get in an accident when they do it, and ruin their lives.

You wonder what more can be done to prevent it from happening. There is so much impaired driving awareness already... Is it acceptable that this happens so much still?
Self driving cars.

No, it doesn't look like him. I think picture is of the deceased person. RIP
You’re likely right. I thought it may be of Robbie.

EDIT: You're definitely right. I just noticed there’s a bubble/caption window you can click within the article. It is of the deceased. RIP.

Sure are a lot of coincidences. Our Robert Godhigh is 30, the dude from Dallas is 30. He’s from Acworth & the crash happened in Acworth(?). If I’m following correctly on here, some of you think they mean Dallas, TX but it could be Dallas, GA, you know right outside of town. I’m fearing the worst here and it’s our guy not someone from somewhere else.

Back