Robbie Godhigh

The Champ

Dodd-Like
He’s from Acworth & the crash happened in Acworth(?). If I’m following correctly on here, some of you think they mean Dallas, TX but it could be Dallas, GA, you know right outside of town. I’m fearing the worst here and it’s our guy not someone from somewhere else.
Crash happened on Dallas-Acworth highway. Draw your own conclusions.

A friend of mine put himself in this situation. He got 17 years and served 7. Just now working his way out of halfway houses and integrating back into society.

Godhigh, I believe, has a couple of kids. One bad decision really screwed up a lot of peoples lives.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like

A friend of mine put himself in this situation. He got 17 years and served 7. Just now working his way out of halfway houses and integrating back into society.

Godhigh, I believe, has a couple of kids. One bad decision really screwed up a lot of peoples lives.
Which bad decision are you referring to? The unsafe passing, drinking and driving, or vehicular homicide? Guaranteed this wasnt the first time allegedly being buzzed while driving, if indeed that was the case.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?

It was probably not one bad decision, but the first time out of many bad decisions to bring consequences.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
Which bad decision are you referring to? The unsafe passing, drinking and driving, or vehicular homicide? Guaranteed this wasnt the first time allegedly being buzzed while driving, if indeed that was the case.
Buzzed driving doesn't lead you to fatal accidents. Buzzed driving leads you to fender benders and taking out mailboxes. Wanton disregard for human life and what cars are leads to fatal accidents. I ööööing hate deeply irresponsible drivers with every fiber of my being. If Godhigh did it, lock him up and throw away the key.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
It was probably not one bad decision, but the first time out of many bad decisions to bring consequences.
Exactly. Do it once with no consequences and it’s still a bad decision in todays current environment. Do it more than once and the odds increase considerably. Vehicular homicide while intoxicated is a personal decision made due to foolishness, stupidity and/or selfishness.

MTrain

hodl
Athletes get benefits that many don't after college. He pissed his life away and wrecked others (no pun intended).

Dude can get ööööed in prison for all I care.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Athletes get benefits that many don't after college. He pissed his life away and wrecked others (no pun intended).

Dude can get ööööed in prison for all I care.
Wow. Just wow.

Remind me again how many bodies are buried in your backyard.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
I think it would be fair of us to let the man have his day in court before we go trashing him or passing judgement.
I wasnt attempting to trash anyone specifically, but generalizing anyone that would put themself in the same position today, especially with the emphasis and stigma regarding drinking and driving.

I'll be the first to admit that the same thing could have happened to me 35+ years ago, but I guess I was lucky. For the youngsters reading this, times were much different regarding drinking and driving then, but that didn’t make it right either.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
Buzzed driving doesn't lead you to fatal accidents. Buzzed driving leads you to fender benders and taking out mailboxes. Wanton disregard for human life and what cars are leads to fatal accidents. I ööööing hate deeply irresponsible drivers with every fiber of my being. If Godhigh did it, lock him up and throw away the key.
How can something which leads to leaving the roadways to hit mailboxes and cause fender benders not also cause fatal accidents? Does a buzzed driver get more attentive and an overall better driver the faster and more dangerous the situation gets or am I not understanding something?

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
How can something which leads to leaving the roadways to hit mailboxes and cause fender benders not also cause fatal accidents? Does a buzzed driver get more attentive and an overall better driver the faster and more dangerous the situation gets or am I not understanding something?

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Godhigh should claim he has brain injury when that UGAg player slam dunked him on his head... and his teammates did nothing.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
There's drunk where you're less coordinated than usual, and then there's drunk where your true asshole colors shine through. Uncoordinated drivers cause fender benders. Assholes cause fatal crashes. The alcohol is a cop-out.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There's drunk where you're less coordinated than usual, and then there's drunk where your true asshole colors shine through. Uncoordinated drivers cause fender benders. Assholes cause fatal crashes. The alcohol is a cop-out.
There is probably an asshole-drunk graph like the hot-crazy one.

For me the 0.08 is right about the line where I cannot tell if I am impaired, so I never drink more than 1 margarita about twice a year.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Fatal crashes are also caused even by responsible drivers who make an honest mistake, or can't properly handle a situation where another driver makes a mistake.

It happens. And it's more likely to happen if you are less coordinated than usual due to being buzzed, especially if you are buzzed enough to accidentally take out a mailbox as you said in your last post.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
This happened yesterday on a road I drive on several times a week. I'm coming around to self-driving cars.