Robbie Godhigh

There's drunk where you're less coordinated than usual, and then there's drunk where your true asshole colors shine through. Uncoordinated drivers cause fender benders. Assholes cause fatal crashes. The alcohol is a cop-out.
Im quite sure this explanation would fly like a lead balloon to the parents that just lost their teenager, or someone who just loss a spouse, or a kid who just lost their mom or dad, or the cops running DUI check points.
Drunk driving in todays climate is just plain ööööing stupid, and those caught deserve worse than what they probably get.

There's drunk where you're less coordinated than usual, and then there's drunk where your true asshole colors shine through. Uncoordinated drivers cause fender benders. Assholes cause fatal crashes. The alcohol is a cop-out.

Both of your takes in this thread are really bad

It's good that you're not an asshole but you really need to stop driving when you're drunk (or what you call buzzed)

This happened yesterday on a road I drive on several times a week. I'm coming around to self-driving cars.

Is that your own dashcam? Did you learn anything more about the accident? What was the idiot's explanation for driving on the wrong side of a divided interstate?

My own CSB is not nearly as scary... I remember one time driving north on Piedmont at North Ave. Piedmont is one-way north there, and I was turning left onto North Ave. I was in the far-left lane, at the red light, just patiently waiting for the light to turn green. Then I happened to notice that directly across the intersection from me was a car facing me, also waiting patiently for the light to turn green. (IOW, he was facing directly into on-coming traffic.) I always thought it was hilarious that the guy was aware enough to be waiting at a red light, but unaware enough to be facing directly into on-coming traffic.

Fortunately because I was turning left as soon as the light turned green I turned and got out of the guy's way. Not sure what he ended up doing.

Is that your own dashcam? Did you learn anything more about the accident? What was the idiot's explanation for driving on the wrong side of a divided interstate?

Not my dashcam. He stripped naked and ran away in subzero temperatures so I'm betting on drugs. Later apprehended.

Been thinking I should get a dashcam though because every now and then I see some crazy stuff.

Not my dashcam. He stripped naked and ran away in subzero temperatures so I'm betting on drugs. Later apprehended.

Been thinking I should get a dashcam though because every now and then I see some crazy stuff.

That doesn’t sound right — drugs are a victimless crime!

de693ca0-1500-47b1-ab77-9df2f720bb8f_text.gif

Passing in the incoming can be a high risk maneuver if you aren't paying close attention. I don't see his bac listed, but I can see how a buzzed driver could screw that up pretty quick. Let's not burn him at the stake when we don't know if he was at .09 vs .2.

Regardless, it's a terrible tragedy.

Back