Rome is burning ... time to see if Bobinski intends to put it out

... or if he's instead going to appoint his horse as a cabinet member.

[EDIT: Content from before Bruce Feldman's report was found out to be false]

The fans are restless. The top talent is bolting. The recruiting is bad. The on field results are bad. And now CBS is reporting your own head coach wants to be bought out.

It's time for you to emerge from your hibernation and 5-minutes-a-week-on-680 and speak up.

If Bobinski just sits there quietly ... then it is safe to say he is either not qualified to run an athletic department with a football program (which he has zero experience doing) or he's a puppet for The Hill collecting his fat paycheck, begging for money to pour down their drain, and doing The Hill's bidding.

His silence would mean that fixing the program's flaws isn't just going to take a new coach ... it is going to take a new AD.

Last edited:
"The top talent is bolting."

One player, who didn't have a great year.

"The recruiting is bad."

Actually our 2014 class, especially the early enrollees on campus starting Sunday, are the best we've had since 2007.

"The on field results are bad."

Mediocre maybe. But a lot of schools would take 7-8 wins a season with a spot in the ACC Championship every couple years.

"And now CBS is reporting your own head coach wants to be bought out."

Not a "report". He just said "word is". If he was reporting it, he would have reported it and actually put his name behind it.

"The recruiting is bad."

Actually our 2014 class, especially the early enrollees on campus starting Sunday, are the best we've had since 2007.

Mediocre maybe. But a lot of schools would take 7-8 wins a season with a spot in the ACC Championship every couple years.

Not a "report". He just said "word is". If he was reporting it, he would have reported it and actually put his name behind it.

All of this

"The recruiting is bad."

+1,000 Thank you.

All of you PJ haters need to hibernate for the offseason.

We can downgrade from fire to medium simmer. But Bobinski does need to work some press today on this.

(Also, TaxJacket, I blame The Hill far more than I blame PJ. But I will say PJ is also far from guilt free. If you told me to pick one person to fire and replace to put the biggest positive impact on the program right now ... I'd select Bobinski for Jurich.)

Shocking only to people as dumb as you are.

Yea, he only routinely breaks news first about hires, fires, extensions, staff changes, etc. I mean, he only works for one of the biggest sports media outlets in the country and the second largest college football broadcast company in the country. WTF does he know amirite?!

I bet Bobinsky woke up this morning, took a piss, grabbed a shower, and had a cup of coffee and a bagel this morning all the while thinking to himself, "öööö, today is going to be a hell of a day at the office with Vad Lee's announcement last night and all of the bellyaching about the bowl game and basketball."

Despite knowing today was going to suck, I bet he had no idea it was going to suck this bad. This is a day made for bourbon.

So 1-5 in Bowl games averaging 15/pts per game; 1-15 vs UGA, VA Tech, Clemson, and Miami; we won 7 this year with AL A&M and Elon so it wasnt a real 7; Only 1 QB (Tevin Washington) has made it longer than a year (Vad Lee now transferring.) 0 kids drafted in the NFL...which means our talent has been weaker...last years ACC Championship game was BS we all know that..So this is all good? Paul Johnson is not a good Div 1 Head Coach at Georgia Tech. His recruiting has been very weak, his play-calling has been atrocious, his berating of players on-field...We havent been getting talent...I think Roof is helping this year bigtime...

"The recruiting is bad."

Who is this Bobinski you speak of??? GT Marketing is still in the toilet and now there is negative press about CPJ and Vad all over the internet. Where is the statement from the GT AD???????????

Prevent...that was awful. But what is your definition of "good"? Clearly you think that word implies well above average. Nine wins a year? Ten? An ACC title every year?

We'll have multiple people from this year's team in the NFL next year, and recruiting is clearly improving. Thanks for your insight.

We'll have multiple people from this year's team in the NFL next year, and recruiting is clearly improving. Thanks for your insight.

TommyLeeJonesNotSureIfSerious_zpsb2fec297.jpg

Well we could very well have two drafted in Attouchu and Jemea. I'm not a recruitnik so I can't comment on the seriousness of the second part.

Attouchu + Jemea drafted. Others might have a (small) shot at UDFA.

And if you can't plainly see that recruiting for 2014 is greatly improved over 2012 and 2013, then there's no helping you and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Right now I am NOT a fan of Bobinski. I emailed him yesterday and very politely brought up several topics. Well, I did hear back but from his assistant even though it was sent to him and was told that I would hear back from them. WTF?
Seriously, what does he do and for who? I have been to many Alumni functions and he wasn't at any. And he remains invisible.
Says a lot!:furious:

Right now I am NOT a fan of Bobinski. I emailed him yesterday and very politely brought up several topics. Well, I did hear back but from his assistant even though it was sent to him and was told that I would hear back from them. WTF?
Seriously, what does he do and for who? I have been to many Alumni functions and he wasn't at any. And he remains invisible.
Says a lot!:furious:

Yep, I emailed him as well and received an "out of office" reply from his assistant. This guy neds to get a clue or my Alexander Tharpe contribution is going bye-bye.

So I put out facts of the last 4 years...and it was awful, you are correct! He has recruited only 11 QB's (who were either a QB in HS or came to play QB...not 1 has made it more than a year except Washington and he looks incredible at this point...I'm not blaming a single player...the guy that gets paid $2.5MM is where the buck stops... In the 7th year of a football program we should be beating Miami- who is weak shown by their bowl game, Va Tech and UGA at least 1time each in a 6 year window...good coaches do, bad coaches don't...I don't blame kids one iota. They are fighting their tails off...they deserve better...

Prevent...that was awful. But what is your definition of "good"? Clearly you think that word implies well above average. Nine wins a year? Ten? An ACC title every year?

True story that happened at the Elon game .. I went to take the elevator to the suite in the west stands. The elevator operator told me to wait because the AD rides by himself. I was like wth? When the elevator came back down I asked why he rides by himself. The operator said "the AD doesn't want to get caught up talking shop". To which I replied "I thought that was part of his job".

Ever since then I have no use for bobinski!

I've tried emailing him a few times and never received a response. My dad and brothers and I are all alumni who contribute $ to the school athletic program. This may end soon...

Back