Rules Changes by NCAA oversight committee.

Sounds like they equally illegal past 5 yds now.

I really don't see why cut blocks should be outlawed past 5 yards past the LOS.

(1) Does the NCAA have evidence that defensive players have been overly hurt with a cut block 5 yards past the LOS?

(2) Why aren't defensive players shown how to protect themselves against cut blocks 5 yards past the LOS by there D coaches?

Last edited:

(1) Does the NCAA have evidence that defensive players have been overly hurt with a cut block 5 yards past the LOS?

(2) Why aren't defensive players shown how to protect themselves against cut blocks 5 yards past the LOS by there D coaches?
If cut blocking is illegal 5 yards past the LOS then tackles where the pads hit a runner below the waist ought to also be illegal. No more linebackers or safeties diving at knees to make a tackle.

Well cut blocks should be just above the knees and in the the lower or middle thighs!
I believe a tackle in the thighs should be legal also.
If a block below the knees is throne it cause problems. The defensive players cleats are driven into the turf & his feet are planted. It's hard for his legs
to slide backwards to protect his shins, feet & knees. I know with cut blocks can happens. Still a defensive player must be understand how to take on a cut block.

With all the rule changes game is becoming a joke. Why don't they just play damn flag football!

It's almost like they are picking on GT, Navy, Army & AF. I don't think they are, but it hurts Triple Option teams , the few that there are.
All the cry baby coaches are complaining about the T0 teams. They want a easier way to stop them..

Who passed these damn rules? It's a conspiracy against TO teams!

4 minute mark he addresses the blocking rules. Essentially, the guys on the rules committee put in the rules they want. Either blocking below the waist is dangerous and should be banned completely or it isn't - it is no more dangerous beyond 5 yards - hints that it doesn't affect bubble screens. If it is so dangerous, tackling below the waist should be illegal also.

It's almost like they are picking on GT, Navy, Army & AF. I don't think they are, but it hurts Triple Option teams , the few that there are.

Wait, you said we were Spread Option!? Now we're Triple Option?

LMAO - you don't even know what we run.

Wait, you said we were Spread Option!? Now we're Triple Option?

LMAO - you don't even know what we run.

Hey you're right -It is the Spread Triple Option or Flex Triple Option.
I think I went into detail, in another post, that in 1985 PJ deemed it The Spread Triple Option attack.
From now on I'll call it the Spread Triple.
No chop blocks are bad.
A cut block used on you Rainbow would be dangerous, but then you'ed be flattened by any block above the waist &
O linemen call it pancaking you ,chump..

4 minute mark he addresses the blocking rules. Essentially, the guys on the rules committee put in the rules they want. Either blocking below the waist is dangerous and should be banned completely or it isn't - it is no more dangerous beyond 5 yards - hints that it doesn't affect bubble screens. If it is so dangerous, tackling below the waist should be illegal also.

Did you read this Rainbow? And there you have it.

cut blocking is a cheap-shot technique that needs to be banned entirely. This is a good step in the right direction. Cut and chop blocking are dirty AF.

The Cut block to you is a cheep shot. I'd hate to think that you could ever be A DC because you'ed never teach your D line or LBs about how to handle a cut block.

This post brought to you by RamblinWreck92's proctologist. Service with a smile.

I guess Rainbow has faced cut blocks himself. I'm guessing again that he was ineffective at line or LB positions.
Then again I guess Rainbow being pancaked by a small O line man didn't make him mad.

The Cut block to you is a cheep shot. I'd hate to think that you could ever be A DC because you'ed never teach your D line or LBs about how to handle a cut block.

LOL - I'd teach them what Duke's DC (And Clemson and everyone else) does: Jump over these flopping catfish and you'll have a free target of the ball carrier.

CPJ's refusal to adapt to big boy football (Our players are a bit bigger and faster than his teams at Navy and esp. high-school GA Southern) is his problem, not mine. Everyone wants to blame Sewak but he's coaching exactly what CPJ tells him to do.

It's also a cheap shot according to the Rules Committee else they wouldn't be in the process of outlawing the garbage.

It's a move made by pussies who can't stand up and block normally - which is why you're such a big fan of it.

Back