rumor mill

We need someone who will be here longer than 3-4
years. That would be a "band aid" of sorts that
did more harm than it did good.

I would love it, but with his health problems he has to coach from the cart and I don't know if he can do that.

I don't know if he can do that.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don['[t know if he WILL do that. That is why he left Detroit.

I will make an educated guess this rumor is completely false. I take that back, I don't have to be eduacated to know this one is false.

If you mean the influential Tech men with the big money, I say it isn't so. Your idea of influential may be light years away from most people's idea of influential.

I do not call a group of posters on Stingtalk as influential.

Anyhow, even if they were influential and had big money they would not go after Ross for several reasons. The first reason is, "he would not come". I don't think a group of people smart enough to graduate from Tech and make big money would be dumb enough to think he would give it a second thought.

Another reason, he is too old and would not even be considered at this time. If you want to start a good rumor, make it believable.

Rumor's are okay, but they have to be better than this one. Before I retired, we had an agreement if you did not hear a good rumor by noontime, then you were supposed to start one.

Where do you work anyhow? Maybe I retired from the same place you are now working.

rolleyes.gif

If Ross took the job this week I'd carry him around on my shoulders for practices & games..

But the last time Ross took over we suffered through like 3 sorry years before he had "his" players on board. Careful what you wish for guys.

And before somebody goes off about how the "cupboard was bare" when Curry left, I suggest you go back and look at the rosters. We had some good talent, but not for the kind of game Ross wanted to play.

NCJ: WE have some good talent now and would suspect that Ross would do better this time around - sooner. I remember Curry taking some credit during halftime of the VA game in 1990. He was there watching his son play for UVA and was interviewed at halftime.

KY was not playing that week and he made the comment that "he had recruited" a lot of guys on that team - he did, but I don't think he had the coaching talent Bobby Ross had! For the 80's and 90's Ross laid the cornerstone for how future GT teams should play and how they should be coached.

The kind of game Ross brought to GT is what Curry didn't have, it was a great change for this Institution!

take no heed of toe meets leather's rumors .. LOL.

his convictions are wrong .. leave alone his "rumors"

LOL

Ross never had a winning season in his life w/o Friedgen. He would coach somewhere for 5 years, then leave a program in shambles. He is old and tired of it now anyway.

When we were searching for O'Leary's replacement, didn't the AJC have an interview with him where he said he wasn't interested? Seems like I remember him saying he didn't have the energy to run an entire program anymore.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I do not call a group of posters on Stingtalk as influential.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very cogent and rational. Thank you for that breath of fresh air.

This "pipe dream" is fantastic. Bobby Ross charging the field leading us back to 1990!?. That's history. Good history and by god if Coach Bobby wants to come back to TECH for any reason we oughta welcome him with a parade (and a week long celebration similar to mardi gras. yeah, that's it!). I love that man. But he doesn't have any more magic on his whistle than Chan Gailey does.

Time to move on. O'Leary quit.

Gnats, Bresh of Fresh Air? Man you need to lay off he hard liquor. Maybe you do need some fresh air!

I'm not half as drunk as thinkle peep I am!

grin.gif

I'd take him in a heartbeat over who we have now. Only wish it were true,.....man,...this is going to be a long and painful season. Let's get on with it and get it over with.

GATA JACKETS!

Oops, I'm at cross purposes with Ahso.

I see you and raise you twenty.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Gnats, Bresh of Fresh Air? Man you need to lay off he hard liquor. Maybe you do need some fresh air!

I'm not half as drunk as thinkle peep I am!

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dear lord Ahso's at the sauce! Run for your lives!
wink.gif

I'd think the money people would go after O'Leary long before any talk of Ross even started. Don't be surprised if O'Leary makes a comeback, esp if Braine were to leave.
It could happen.

GT Ace, I would be willing to put money on a wager that O'Leary would never be invited back to Tech.

wink.gif

Back