Run it till you get it right

Whether they are 'true counters' or not... they're all the same play. Your comment did not recognize them as the same play. If you've got some argument that everyone else is misreading the gifs, and they aren't the same play, then make it. Otherwise, let's move on.

I never said nor implied that they were different plays, only that execution sucked balls on the first 2. I did say that the first 2 videos were ööööty blocking and that USF blew them the öööö up and that they're not actual counters.

I also said that "I was referring to the non-counter play- the one that gets stuffed in the first 2 videos.". Sorry I didn't specifically type that I recognize that the 3rd play that finally, mercifully worked was the same as the first 2 that got destroyed at the LOS. I thought it was clearly implied by every other comment I made.

I never said nor implied that they were different plays, only that execution sucked balls on the first 2. I did say that the first 2 videos were ööööty blocking and that USF blew them the öööö up and that they're not actual counters.

I also said that "I was referring to the non-counter play- the one that gets stuffed in the first 2 videos.". Sorry I didn't specifically type that I recognize that the 3rd play that finally, mercifully worked was the same as the first 2 that got destroyed at the LOS. I thought it was clearly implied by every other comment I made.
That makes no sense to me. But I do not care and apologize for making a thing about it. Peace –

it's not a true counter though. The back who got the ball never countered - he was always going left with the play, which is probably why USF defends it so well. The back who laughably fakes right and almost falls down all 3 times doesn't get the ball nor appears to be an option to get it at all. The linemen appear to kinda move right in one of the plays but get beat pretty badly in almost all 3 plays so it's hard to tell. Most indicative is the fact that no SFU player buys any sort of fake right - they just destroy the LOS twice and we finally put helmets to pads in the 3rd one. Thanks, Sewak.

:lol2:

It's year 10, and you still don't understand the offense at a basic level. Come on, man.

The counter (in the counter option) is the reverse pivot done by the playside ABack. In each video, you clearly see multiple defenders taking false steps mirroring the pre-snap tail motion of that same Aback. When they're doing that, that's the lever we pull.

Last edited:
That makes no sense to me. But I do not care and apologize for making a thing about it. Peace –

Have a nice weekend - here's to an ACC Opening Victory tomorrow. Even if it means they run that non-counter 50 times! :fingersx:

:lol2:

It's year 10, and you still don't understand the offense at a basic level. Come on, man.

The counter (in the counter option) is the reverse pivot done by the playside ABack. In each video, you clearly see multiple defenders taking false steps mirroring the pre-snap tail motion of that same Aback. When they're doing that, that's the lever we pull.

Year 10? Counters existed before CPJ game to GT. And a counter ain't a counter unless the ball carrier first goes in the opposite direction that the play ultimately goes. Which doesn't happen in any of the videos of the same play! And the USF DL absolutely crashes the hell out of our left side so not sure where they got faked out?

No matter. Let's just hope the whole goddamn package puts up 60 pts tomorrow - our D makes it a necessity!

Year 10? Counters existed before CPJ game to GT. And a counter ain't a counter unless the ball carrier first goes in the opposite direction that the play ultimately goes. Which doesn't happen in any of the videos of the same play! And the USF DL absolutely crashes the hell out of our left side so not sure where they got faked out?

No matter. Let's just hope the whole goddamn package puts up 60 pts tomorrow - our D makes it a necessity!

and the ball carrier for the first half of each of those was the QB, who does fake it in the opposite direction, contrary to the 3 videos (of the same play!) here. Watch the OP videos - not once does TQ do anything other than standup, slightly hesitate, then run in the play's intended direction.
Hell, maybe that's why the D never bought any 'fake'?

and the ball carrier for the first half of each of those was the QB, who does fake it in the opposite direction, contrary to the 3 videos (of the same play!) here. Watch the OP videos - not once does TQ do anything other than standup, slightly hesitate, then run in the play's intended direction.
Hell, maybe that's why the D never bought any 'fake'?
That's actually a pretty good observation...

It would be interesting to see some measure of strength of schedule during these years overlaid against those rankings.

It would be interesting to see some measure of strength of schedule during these years overlaid against those rankings.
I'm not sure how S&P is calculated, but FEI includes strength of opponent's defense in their calculations.

This article just published in the AJC is a pretty good summation of our (and PJs) frustration.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...eads-truly-remarkable/aS0ILvVqWS8WVsWWIuJ8nJ/
It falls on both the offense and the defense.
In my opinion, that article nicely demonstrates that the problem isn't some weird curse on CPJ.

In CPJ's first nine years here (2008-2016), we were 51-4 after taking a 10+-point lead in the second half (a rate consistent with the rest of the ACC). In 2017-2018, GT is 4-4 after taking a 10+-point lead in the second half.

"Surely" we're about to break free of this anomaly.

This play is good to kill at least one drive per game, we've seen it happen in both games already this year and I'm sure it will happen again tomorrow, play needs to be scrapped.

idk who this guy is but I thank him for uploading these because i watch them all the time. in and out of season.

Ugh... For all the talk we hear about "simplifying" the defense, you question why we never hear it on offense. The simple schemes when our backups come in have worked the past few years, even against teams like Clemson when MJ came in, and the second our starting QB is in there we've got the big uglies trying to do ballet moves and chase down linebackers in space. Just have the boys hit someone until they stop you, damnit.

Basically we've got 99 problems, but using the option to create favorable blocking matchups ain't one.
So if Saturday is a test, we would get a 1.

Even on a Georgia Tech curve a 1 is failure.

F.

CPJ has this team making an F.

Back