Saban retiring

Lanning will be and should be their #1. Only issue there is, is his large buyout and Oregon has much better NIL funding than Bama does.

Also, who really wants to follownin Sabam's footsteps. Anything short of a natty every year and the new dude is a colossal failure.
What has Lanning done to be anybody’s #1? 22-5 at Oregon isn’t all that impressive

How many hit the Spring Portal now is the real question……
giphy.gif

Good timing. Portal deadline is Jan 2. I think there's a spring portal in May. I wonder if there will be a major Bama drain in the spring portal.

Good timing. Portal deadline is Jan 2. I think there's a spring portal in May. I wonder if there will be a major Bama drain in the spring portal.
All it will take is a lawsuit to break open the portal. There is absolutely no reason to not allow players to enter the portal.

The only issue is school is starting the semester.

Alabama fan at church tonight said their choice is Lanning. That's funny, as if in his brief career the Tide faithful believe he would be a good replacement for Saban. But seriously, who is an adequate replacement for Saban? Dabo has shown that he was at his peak pre-NIL and portal new world of college football. He is the only coach who can come close to Saban's record of success. I tried to console my Tide friend by saying I thought Dave Doeren would be willing to go to Bama. He was not amused.

What has Lanning done to be anybody’s #1? 22-5 at Oregon isn’t all that impressive

He's a young, dynamic coach who is an excellent recruiter that has surrounded himself with a good staff. He also has lots ties to the southeast and the SEC. He's easily the best candidate out there. Has had Oregon competing with years and isn't afraid to use the portal & NIL.

Alabama fan at church tonight said their choice is Lanning. That's funny, as if in his brief career the Tide faithful believe he would be a good replacement for Saban. But seriously, who is an adequate replacement for Saban? Dabo has shown that he was at his peak pre-NIL and portal new world of college football. He is the only coach who can come close to Saban's record of success. I tried to console my Tide friend by saying I thought Dave Doeren would be willing to go to Bama. He was not amused.
Yeah, the only ones who could, with good odds, come close to Saban would be Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll. If you wanted to take more of a chance, then I'd say Lane Kiffin or Dan Lanning.

Back