Sad to say: Tech Football Is No Fun Anymore

That slight advantage took me to two Orange bowls, the first time in over 45 years.
A "slight advantage" that caused all our opponents to devote a week of spring ball to it and campaign the ACC to get them a bye week before us every year. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now teams are like, "oh, they're doing the exact same öööö as every other team in college football except they have worse players? Let's have an ice cream social during practice on Wednesday and call the same plays we always call on Saturday. We're cool. We work on this particular blueprint every week."

Don't. You. People. Get. It. Yet?

You know, it's almost as if a few people around here told you all this was going to happen.

And it happened because GT fans suck.

Now do the temporary part.

Didn't figure it was worth commenting on. Tell me something in college football that isn't temporary. Do you think we will still be running the same offense as now in a dozen years?

A "slight advantage" that caused all our opponents to devote a week of spring ball to it and campaign the ACC to get them a bye week before us every year. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now teams are like, "oh, they're doing the exact same öööö as every other team in college football except they have worse players? Let's have an ice cream social during practice on Wednesday and call the same plays we always call on Saturday. We're cool. We work on this particular blueprint every week."

You know, it's almost as if a few people around here told you all this was going to happen.

CPJ doomed himself with his dislike of recruiting and unwillingness to change/update/tweak his 3O to attract better recruits.

I believe CGC is a smart guy and will get us where he claims he will. This seems to be the dominant opinion of the knowledgeable pundits as well.

CGC has gotten us to year 4 level of CCG division, in just 1.5 years :bigthumbup:. He's ahead of the curve
How many more years will it take to get to CCG level? That is where we are at right now.

At least Chan had a defense. Our current defensive strategy is to let the other team score; hey, maybe they will make a mistake on this drive.

Didn't figure it was worth commenting on. Tell me something in college football that isn't temporary. Do you think we will still be running the same offense as now in a dozen years?
No but Paul would be

How many more years will it take to get to CCG level?

Our current defensive strategy is to let the other team score; hey, maybe they will make a mistake on this drive.
Next year will be 7+ wins.

Meh, you know that's not true.

I agree with a comment from Dahurta above. I have had season tickets for 45 years and there have been a lot of bad times, but I will never give up at 71 years old. All I can do is continue the support and hope we get it right!

Prior to providing this data, I want to qualify that I was very much a CPJ fan, so this is not meant to be disparaging towards his tenure here. CPJ took us to Orange Bowls, ACCCG’s and beat UGA three times. When the offense was clicking it was a thing of beauty. When it wasn’t it was boring and predictable.

The CPJ years - offensive production, based upon average yards per game-

Top 5 seasons:
2014 - 476 ypg
2011 - 458
2012 - 441
2013 - 430
2009 - 422

Bottom 5 seasons:
2008 - 372 ypg
2015 - 378
2016 - 387
2017 - 392
2010 - 407

What stands out is that the last few years of CPJ’s tenure were not on par with the earlier years of his tenure.

CGC years-
2020 - 373 (through 7 games)
2019 - 286

While 2019 was anemic compared to the CPJ years, thus far 2020 is on par with some of the last few years of the CPJ era.

This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.

yoooo do u have to be a little bitch after every game? Lol

This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.

If all u can do is hate on the team and act like a petty mad at the world 12 year old, then well stop following the team.

I am with you 100%. Sorry that the younger fans do not realize what they are losing when some of the older fans grow apathetic because the culture and product on the field are just not enjoyable to watch. Heard so much about the financial struggles the AA faces......well, these younger fans that call us whiney bitches better be prepared to pony up because they are going to lose a big portion of funding when the whiney bitches walk away.
lol younger fans.. @GTRules is the same age as the guy he’s cussing out.

So 2015 was fun? How about the end of 2006 when we should have won something of importance and couldn’t. How about losing to UGA 6 years in a row?

How about 2018: loss to S.Fl and then loss to Duke for the forth time out of 5 games. Not competitive with UGA or Clemson. Bad bowl loss.

2017: ended season with bad loss to Duke and UGA to finish with a losing record.

How about not being ranked for 8 of 9 seasons?

Nobody was devoting a week to us in spring practice after about 2012 or so. We won with JT5 because he was an exceptional athlete. We looked like warmed over crap other than 2014 for most of the time.

Numbers don't lie. After ACC coaches had seen CPJ's offense a few times, they beat us like a drum.

Numbers don't lie. After ACC coaches had seen CPJ's offense a few times, they beat us like a drum.
And this is essentially our option game against UGAg the last years of CPJ, but no, let's do more of this!

gafumble.gif

Back