Sad to say: Tech Football Is No Fun Anymore

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.
Delete your account

GTRules

You’re Mamma
May I suggest you öööö off a few states away and leave the rest of us alone?

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
May I suggest you öööö off a few states away and leave the rest of us alone?
You can suggest anything you want. I'm glad you're happy watching this mess. I hope there are thousands of happy Tech fans out there. I'll always be for Tech, but I don't like what I see in year two of the new culture. Sorry I don't live up to your standards.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
You can suggest anything you want. I'm glad you're happy watching this mess. I hope there are thousands of happy Tech fans out there. I'll always be for Tech, but I don't like what I see in year two of the new culture. Sorry I don't live up to your standards.
No you don't. You're a whiny little bitch who can't handle a little adversity in the second year of a huge transition.

Maybe you should go find something else to spend your time on.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
If you are what I see, then I don't like what I see. Because you're a pathetic little whiny bitch.
You have so much class, hot shot. Why don't you expl
No you don't. You're a whiny little bitch who can't handle a little adversity in the second year of a huge transition.

Maybe you should go find something else to spend your time on.
This is a huge transition. A transition from good coaching to bad coaching.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I'm not going to post any more until the football season is over. Maybe we will win some more games by then. I hope we do. Good luck to all Tech players, coaches and fans.
Thanks, man. I think your perspective around here is very valuable. I'm not as pessimistic as you are, but I agree we've got a serious problem on the field right now. I think the 'greatest transition in college football' excuse is way overblown.

After all, there are lots of examples of coaches coming into situations with under-talented kids... and still getting the OL to move on the snap, still getting players substituted before the snap, still kicking extra points without drama, etc.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member

I hope you live to see Tech be good again too.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I don’t recall that. There’s been whining on this board for years. Losses bring out whining.
Seems to be an epidemic of people who offer nothing else but whining though. Usually some of the old whiners contributed in other ways. Now we have guys who only show up when we lose to whine like toddlers.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Seems to be an epidemic of people who offer nothing else but whining though. Usually some of the old whiners contributed in other ways. Now we have guys who only show up when we lose to whine like toddlers.
And shouldn’t you be asleep?