Santucci new Defensive Coordinator

Lackluster defense since 2008 which was anchored by a stud DLine that was inherited. How many DCs is that? Did we even get to middle of the pack with any of them?

Womack
Groh
Roof
Woody
Thacker
Sherrer

Let’s see if this guy has the secret sauce to overcome whatever has been plaguing us for 15 years. Here comes the ‘can’t have a good D with Flexbone’.

Lackluster defense since 2008 which was anchored by a stud DLine that was inherited. How many DCs is that? Did we even get to middle of the pack with any of them?

Womack
Groh
Roof
Woody
Thacker
Sherrer

Let’s see if this guy has the secret sauce to overcome whatever has been plaguing us for 15 years. Here comes the ‘can’t have a good D with Flexbone’.
It’s worth saying that there is some culpability on the offensive scheme but we saw some real ineptitude IIRC and it was consistent across a lot of different people. Our D line late this year didn’t look wildly undersized vs UGAg since I can remember so maybe we are getting there.

GT generally has been able to field a top 25 offense or defense, but not both. O’Leary & Johnson favored the O with athletes and playcalling. Gailey preferred the D (lol). The clown was unable to muster either.

We’ll see if Key can replicate Ross’ success.

Womack
Groh
Roof
Woody
Thacker
Sherrer

Excited for the D, it is gonna deliver the sauce?

Womack
Groh
Roof
Woody
Thacker
Sherrer

Roof had the best defense since 07. Got us close, but couldn't match it.

Screenshot_20240114_143306_Brave.jpg

Santucci seems like a great get. The irony he went from Texas A&M to Duke, which may explain why he didn't want to go back with him. Not sure what the circumstances were the but he seems underrated, as does the other Duke guy we poached along with him. On paper it looks like Key is quietly building something that could be special.

Womack
Groh
Roof
Woody
Thacker
Sherrer

With the right DB coach, this might be the best combination of assistants underneath the DC we've had in that period. Largely, that has been the problem with the exception of Charles Kelly, Shiel Wood, Jason Semore, and David Turner.

We don’t sound very excited. Why didn’t one of you update this?
IMG_5058.png

Stony Brook... isn't that the school O'Leary didn't attend?

Let's just go ahead and get that one thing checked out and ticked off the list shall we?

Stony Brook... isn't that the school O'Leary didn't attend?

Let's just go ahead and get that one thing checked out and ticked off the list shall we?
GOL was New Hampshire, I believe, and the only issue was he didn't earn the varsity letters there that was listed by GT. Notre Dame is a bunch of fish eating morons. There was a contingent of rich old ööööers who wanted Willingham there and were looking for ANYTHING to not have GOL come in and they found something insignificant and ran with it. I said when GOL was hired by ND "they will win multiple national championship now" because GOL was just that damn good of a HC and he would have had all the luxury of recruiting Notre Dame could provide.

Instead, they wanted, and hired, Willingham after 1 good season at Washington and he set Notre Dame back decades. Dumbasses. I wish they had never approached GOL. We would have been in a much better place through the early and mid 2000's. We were right there at turning this state to GT from UGA with GOL at the helm, despite the best efforts of the hill to kneecap him.

GOL was New Hampshire, I believe, and the only issue was he didn't earn the varsity letters there that was listed by GT. Notre Dame is a bunch of fish eating morons. There was a contingent of rich old ööööers who wanted Willingham there and were looking for ANYTHING to not have GOL come in and they found something insignificant and ran with it. I said when GOL was hired by ND "they will win multiple national championship now" because GOL was just that damn good of a HC and he would have had all the luxury of recruiting Notre Dame could provide.

Instead, they wanted, and hired, Willingham after 1 good season at Washington and he set Notre Dame back decades. Dumbasses. I wish they had never approached GOL. We would have been in a much better place through the early and mid 2000's. We were right there at turning this state to GT from UGA with GOL at the helm, despite the best efforts of the hill to kneecap him.
Stony Brook was the school he accidentally claimed to have received a Masters degree from or some such. I was horrified when that was the opening salvo in Jay Leno's monologue on the Tonight Show that day.

Back