Schedule Coming Out Wednesday Morning

gtrower

Dodd-Like
So we’re likely looking at a Duke homecoming game on 11/7 with an outside chance of it being uva on 10/17.

Not a bad split of home/away.

Bye week is towards the middle of the season and before a division game that could be important. And more importantly not Week 1.

No short weeks.

No non-Saturday games other than the opener which will give us the national spotlight.

This might be the happiest with a schedule release that I’ve ever been. That is until people analyze the rest of the ACC schedules and we find out every Coastal team gets a bye before us.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
That's two high-profile TV games to help sell the program as we approach the February signing day: Clemson on a Thursday night to open the season, and ND at MBS.

User 8976

User account deleted
UNC faces the fighting Vad Lees from JMU prior to our matchup

Duke faces the worshipers of a false religion before our game.

uva holds the evidence chick fil a sells frozen patties before we face off.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Only 1 team team on the schedule has a BYE week before they play us - UVA and we also have a BYE that week.

Only three teams have non-P5 opponents the week before the play us - UNC (JMU), VT (North Alabama), and UCF (FIU).

So not bad on either of those fronts either.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
This might be the happiest with a schedule release that I’ve ever been.
Two stretches of 3iar at home sucks for attendance unless we're playing great. Ending the season with ND, Miami, UGAg in consecutive weeks is brutal. One home game between Sep 19 - Nov 7. Back to back long road trips up north late October. Plenty to complain about.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Our opener should be on ESPN. NC State/Louisville is also Thurs, Sept. 3rd and that seems more likely to be the ACCN game to me.

User 8976

User account deleted
Only 1 team team on the schedule has a BYE week before they play us - UVA and we also have a BYE that week.

Only three teams have non-P5 opponents the week before the play us - UNC (JMU), VT (North Alabama), and UCF (FIU).

So not bad on either of those fronts either.
repost

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
That schedule is probably the toughest I’ve ever seen for Tech. Open against the guaranteed #1 ranked team in the country. OOC games against Top 25 UCF, Top 15 Notre Dame and Top 10 UGAy. Plus a stretch of 4 out of 5 consecutive ACC games on the road. This is no Matt Rhule schedule.

Should be fun. At a minimum there are multiple opportunities for CGC to notch a signature win to further sell the trajectory of the program to the 2021 recruiting class.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
Hell yeah, 3 November home games!

Yes. ND. MBS. I understand. It’s a home game.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Miami has often struggled in games with colder temperatures. Playing them in late November could be an advantage.

G776T

Not pastor material.
That schedule is probably the toughest I’ve ever seen for Tech. Open against the guaranteed #1 ranked team in the country. OOC games against Top 25 UCF, Top 15 Notre Dame and Top 10 UGAy. Plus a stretch of 4 out of 5 consecutive ACC games on the road. This is no Matt Rhule schedule.

Should be fun. At a minimum there are multiple opportunities for CGC to notch a signature win to further sell the trajectory of the program to the 2021 recruiting class.
Need to hammer that 7 game stretch from GW to Duke

The M-Train

Helluva Engineer
Would be nice if the 2 non-conference games could be later on / spaced out a bit. There's a big gap where we only have 1 home game in a 7 week span, and it's when the weather usually gets pretty nice.

I would generally trade any September games (especially those with a likely 12:30 kick) for October games, weather wise. Ideally, home games would be 2-3-2 or 2-2-3 by month (Sept-Oct-Nov).

My old man weather complaints aside, looks like a tough schedule. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we made a bowl.