Schultz calls out the douchebags in the GT fanbase

As I was walking out of the stadium last week, surrounded by dwags, I joked aloud, "Well so much for us getting a new coach," which got a chuckle and a "hey there's the silver lining!" out of a few mutts. Do I actually want Johnson gone? Nope. But "hating" him is kind of a thing. I field endless "is he really the right fit for Tech?" type questions from all sorts of fan bases all the time. He's a stubborn jackass with an outlier offense that has as many problems as benefits, but he's OUR stubborn jackass. I don't for a second think there is a Dabo waiting in the wings for GT.

As I was walking out of the stadium last week, surrounded by dwags, I joked aloud, "Well so much for us getting a new coach," which got a chuckle and a "hey there's the silver lining!" out of a few mutts. Do I actually want Johnson gone? Nope. But "hating" him is kind of a thing. I field endless "is he really the right fit for Tech?" type questions from all sorts of fan bases all the time. He's a stubborn jackass with an outlier offense that has as many problems as benefits, but he's OUR stubborn jackass. I don't for a second think there is a Dabo waiting in the wings for GT.
Dabo has benefited from getting million$ in facility upgrades - stadium - putt putt course - whiffle ball - laser tag - weight rooms - movie theater....and being able to spend money on assistant coaches.

"Here’s the problem. Since the win, while I’ve heard mostly from Tech fans rejoicing about the game, I’ve also heard from many fans who were upset their team won. They were hoping the Jackets would lose on the chance it would push the administration to make a coaching change. Some stuff, you just can’t make up."

And other things, like "retirement rumors," the AJC can absolutely make up.

Not to point out the obvious about the football culture in the Southeast, but unless their team is winning the National Championship nobody's fan base is 100% happy with their coach. There's always a vocal group who thinks their school can hire someone better. Hence why coaches with lengthy resumes of success like Les Miles, Tommy Tubberville, and Phillip Fulmer eventually got ran out of their respective towns. It's not unique to Georgia Tech's fan base, and it's disingenuous for Schultz to act like it is.

While listening to some pre-game stuff on Thursday morning on 92.9, the only two "Tech" callers they put on both said they were rooting for UGA this year because they want Johnson fired. They may be the minority, (an even smaller minority after this weekend) but the majority needs to be a lot more vocal.

Not to point out something else that should be patently obvious, but as a general rule only really stupid people call into sports talk radio.

I had a friend - who I like - but is a dumb@@@@@ dawg fan when it comes to football actually say to me "congrats on win - but you couldn't win a national championship with that offense he runs." To be nice I just said "Don't be talking nasty about my coach!"
What a dumb comment - just stupid is as stupid believes.

I had a friend - who I like - but is a dumb@@@@@ dawg fan when it comes to football actually say to me "congrats on win - but you couldn't win a national championship with that offense he runs." To be nice I just said "Don't be talking nasty about my coach!"
What a dumb comment - just stupid is as stupid believes.
If we had Clemson's DL, we'd be playing for one this season.

I honestly don't think that is an exaggeration. We'd have no more than one loss.

We might have lost to Clemson again in the ACC championship.

Certainly not a stretch to say we could have beaten Miami and Pitt. Less confident in UNC, but it was a shootout type game from the start which turned into a rout due to mistakes and injuries.

Back