Season ticket prices

Well that did not take long...
2019-Bobby-Dodd-Stadium-Price-Map-RW.jpg
Did you join just to post this?

Looks like my per seat estimate of $365 Non-Tech Fund was way off.

Let's be honest: they can't go too much higher. We have enough problems getting butts in seats as it is. The fanbase is excited about CGC, but not to the point that they can double ticket prices and expect people to show up at the same rate.

I expect a modest increase (~15-20%) over 2018 prices since we have a better home schedule - including an extra game. Probably about in line with 2017 prices when we had UTK at MBS included in the package.
I'm all in with CGC, but fans don't need to get their hopes up. It's going to take some time for him and his staff to recruit some players.

Base price of $300 - $25 discount for re-upping prior to Feb. 8 is as low a season ticket price that I remember. The UGA game has been $90, if that price holds then the other six home games for $185.

I'm all in with CGC, but fans don't need to get their hopes up. It's going to take some time for him and his staff to recruit some players.

Cupboard ain’t that bare. No reason to have the difficult transition that many here are predicting.

they only get 24 special Saturdays (30 in the case of the slow ones) to come to Grant Field as a student?
Showing your age on this one. Tech's four year graduation rate is 37%. With ~40% of students participating in the internship or coop programs, which is nearly essential nowadays for anyone not planning to attend graduate school as even entry level opportunities require industry experience, it's pretty safe to consider on-pace to be five years.

I thought the students were being moved from the south

I know that I am in the severe minority on this one that most Tech students miss games for the reasons you said (Netflix, vidya games, etc).

I only sat in the student section for a couple of games because the atmosphere in the south end zone was MISERABLE for anyone who has any idea whatsoever about football. People cheering at completely the wrong time - zero clue as to what was going on. And zero willingness to learn.

Don't get me started on the "analysis" that these kids threw out. Over current half of Tech students are a... special... breed. For those of you who graduated 15+ years ago (and haven't kept a pulse on things), student culture has definitely changed at Tech - and not for the better.

For the football games that I went to, I had a better experience buying a regular ticket/s on Stubhub. But again, I realize that my experience was not that of most, only reporting why I did what I did.
Almost like the "analysis" here.

Thanks for sharing this. Every season the GTAA tries to get me to upgrade to Tech Terrace. I think I’ll stay put and renew my usual seats for now.

I have sat on the Terrace for 10+ years. For me, it is a great option. I drive from South Carolina with my wife and three kids for each home game. After a 2.5 for drive, I like the convenience of having my "tailgate" prepared for me, plus the water, snacks, program, easy access bathrooms, etc.....it is worth it. It is probably overpriced, but the GTAA is a pretty good cause to wast money on. Everybody has their option, though.

I have sat on the Terrace for 10+ years. For me, it is a great option. I drive from South Carolina with my wife and three kids for each home game. After a 2.5 for drive, I like the convenience of having my "tailgate" prepared for me, plus the water, snacks, program, easy access bathrooms, etc.....it is worth it. It is probably overpriced, but the GTAA is a pretty good cause to wast money on. Everybody has their option, though.

Thanks. How does it compare to Club Level?

I’m going by GT tomorrow to look at options. We have seven in 104 as my mom preferred those but she passed away. So now we need six. Prefer 106/107 but am going to look at the Terrace for reasons you state.

I doubt I will be able to make iti to more than 2 games this year. Guess I'll just donate the Tech fund amount I would have paid and just buy tickets to games I can make through the ticket office. CSB

30 posts in 8 years. Pretty impressive.

Back