Shotgun?

ramble on

Dodd lite
Anyone have any updates? Was it just to help the defense in scrimmages or will it be a legitimate wrinkle?

I hope it's for real. Giving Nesbitt a few more seconds to check down his receivers will have to help his passing game. And there's nothing saying we can't run out of the shotgun.

I hope it's for real. Giving Nesbitt a few more seconds to check down his receivers will have to help his passing game. And there's nothing saying we can't run out of the shotgun.

If we run the shotgun $10 says it will be with Luallen.

I want to see us do it just to get the reaction of the announcers when we line up in it. If its Bob Davies his head might explode.

the supreme court has ruled that we have a right to use it!

Mmmmmm. Shotgun....

retarded-acts-of-drinking-shotgun.gif

Anyone have any updates? Was it just to help the defense in scrimmages or will it be a legitimate wrinkle?

Don't count on much of it, if any at all. CPJ's offense has been highly successful for over 20 yrs. Why would he muck it up with regular shotgun plays?

It is definitely a wrinkle that will be used from 5-10/gm. Yes, CPJ has been running his successful offense for 20 yrs, but he's not stupid either. If you have pressure in your face everytime you attempt a 5-7 step drop pass, some adjustments need to be made.

Don't count on much of it, if any at all. CPJ's offense has been highly successful for over 20 yrs. Why would he muck it up with regular shotgun plays?

well, at Hawaii he threw for thousands of yards. you act like "his offense" has been the same everywhere. it has not

well, at Hawaii he threw for thousands of yards. you act like "his offense" has been the same everywhere. it has not

Those were the players that were already there. He didn't have a QB like Nesbitt who was capable of running his offense.

Supposedly, one of the reasons they were playing around with it is that, in an obvious passing situation, the standard flexbone formation simply takes too much time off the clock (setting it up, starting the motion, etc).

If they already know we have to pass, we can run the same run and shoot concepts out of the shotgun that we can from under center, still with the option of a QB/HB draw or speed option to keep the defense somewhat honest.

In this case, I suppose it would just be the 2 minute offense.

Supposedly, one of the reasons they were playing around with it is that, in an obvious passing situation, the standard flexbone formation simply takes too much time off the clock (setting it up, starting the motion, etc).

If they already know we have to pass, we can run the same run and shoot concepts out of the shotgun that we can from under center, still with the option of a QB/HB draw or speed option to keep the defense somewhat honest.

In this case, I suppose it would just be the 2 minute offense.

If true I don't know how effective they can really be if they don't practice it a lot and run regular plays during the game. Hopefully, there aren't many occasions when they find themselves needing to pass at the end of a game (e.g., UGA game). As we've seen, the passing game has been horrendous in those situations.

CPJ's shotgun will be double ought. Allen & Nesbit w JL pulling the trigger. Load er up.

If true I don't know how effective they can really be if they don't practice it a lot and run regular plays during the game. Hopefully, there aren't many occasions when they find themselves needing to pass at the end of a game (e.g., UGA game). As we've seen, the passing game has been horrendous in those situations.

Then odds are this plan won't be much worse. At the very least it'll be a formation more friendly to passing and pass protection than our standard formation.

I will repeat for the 20th time. If we DO NOT learn to use the pass more effectively then our offense will do no better, in fact I suspect it will do worse as people learn better ways of defending it.

DO YOU HEAR ME PJ?

That means you need to work the passing offense every game, ESPECIALLY when you have the comfortable lead.

Message to opponents: We have a gun and we're not afraid to use it.

Back