Should GT bid for GHSA finals?

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Looks like GHSA can't afford the Benz. Championship game is usually second weekend in December.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't want that at Tech. Class would be out, so parking would be easy, and it associates us with championships. And we could make a bit of money. Benz charges 600k, the dome was 300k. I think we could use 300k.

Looks like GHSA can't afford the Benz. Championship game is usually second weekend in December.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't want that at Tech. Class would be out, so parking would be easy, and it associates us with championships. And we could make a bit of money. Benz charges 600k, the dome was 300k. I think we could use 300k.
You'd think whoever owns the Falcon's would help out a bit with the price, being that there are potentially a lot of Falcon's fans that attend GHSA championships and watch on TV.

It would be awfully cold in BDS and the field would get torn to pieces playing multiple games in a row on it that time of year, especially coming off our beatdown of the Gaggers of the Cesspool of Athens

I would love to see it, but some people will lobby for the "fairness" of guaranteeing everyone a weather free atmosphere to play in. However, I think we have a great place to host it, especially some of the games under the lights at BDS. How could you NOT enjoy that? And the most attendance ever has been 47k, so seems like a great idea to me...OTHER than the wear and tear of the field. That is a big consideration, but curious what everyone else thinks.

Came here to post this.
Same. Although the GHSA championships are after our regular season would be over, so we would have all off-season for field restoration, but I don't know how it would hold up to 8 games over 2 days.

How many games are we talking? 7? 14? Any way to stagger them enough? How much would they give us to just host the big games?

This could include a real recruiting benefit, so we should factor that in. Like having official visits for hundreds of top GA football players including underclassmen that you maybe can't recruit like that.

Can someone figure out a way to put down turf temporarily? For 300k can we put in that sod section technology? If we co-hosted with GSU could we reduce the load on the field to a level it can recover from? I hate to give up without trying.

You'd think whoever owns the Falcon's would help out a bit with the price, being that there are potentially a lot of Falcon's fans that attend GHSA championships and watch on TV.

It would be awfully cold in BDS and the field would get torn to pieces playing multiple games in a row on it that time of year, especially coming off our beatdown of the Gaggers of the Cesspool of Athens

Well, i think if they are moving out of the Benz than you are moving outside unless you know of any other domed football stadiums in GA.

Here in Tennessee they play the finals outside at TN Tech. But that is a turf field. If GSU has field turf this may be better suited for them. I didn't think about turf conditions, that might be a deal killer. On the surface the co-hosting with GSU sounds good, but it would be cost ineffective to operate two stadiums simultaneously.

Well, i think if they are moving out of the Benz than you are moving outside unless you know of any other domed football stadiums in GA.

Here in Tennessee they play the finals outside at TN Tech. But that is a turf field. If GSU has field turf this may be better suited for them. I didn't think about turf conditions, that might be a deal killer. On the surface the co-hosting with GSU sounds good, but it would be cost ineffective to operate two stadiums simultaneously.

GSU's field is artificial I believe.

They used to play the semi-final games at the Dome, then played finals back at one of the HS fields. I can't remember when they changed to play the final games. I guess 14 games in 2 days would've been challenging.

How many games are we talking? 7? 14? Any way to stagger them enough? How much would they give us to just host the big games?

This could include a real recruiting benefit, so we should factor that in. Like having official visits for hundreds of top GA football players including underclassmen that you maybe can't recruit like that.

Can someone figure out a way to put down turf temporarily? For 300k can we put in that sod section technology? If we co-hosted with GSU could we reduce the load on the field to a level it can recover from? I hate to give up without trying.
I think it would certainly be do-able to put some type of artificial turf between the hashes. Or do the sideline to sideline of the field in turf from 25-25. 50 yards of turf should be doable.

We have been accused of having a high school stadium. I guess maybe not.

Actually they should probably play them at Mercer. You've got a nice 10,000 seat stadium smack in the middle of the state, relatively new, with turf field.

A little farther south helps with the weather a bit too.

Actually they should probably play them at Mercer. You've got a nice 10,000 seat stadium smack in the middle of the state, relatively new, with turf field.

A little farther south helps with the weather a bit too.
10,000 seats isnt big enough. It could be an option for the really small schools. Certainly a good option if they choose multiple hosts.

They’ve had these at USC’s stadium in Columbia for years in S.C. High school ball is meant to be played in the elements.
Very, very interesting. How do they pull off with these turf concerns I wonder.

Back