Should we adopt Sweet Caroline when playing Pitt?

Vespid

Billy Jacks Illegitimate Son
Is it too copy cat? Should we come up with our own original insult? I for one think it's high time we get some real hate on for Pitt. Just feels like a mutual dislike rivalry is brewing to me. From their arrogant coach to the kicker with the eponymous name.....there's a lot to dislike. I hate to steal from the couch burnin', fart sniffin', sister lovin', stadium seat poopin' West Virginians, but the jingle is good...hard one to beat.

You can play it at tailgates. We do every time it's PITT week.

If you mean the game crew, trolling isn't really their thing.

I’m from WV and usually hit one game a year up there to meet up with HS friends. Their gameday atmosphere is awesome as you’d expect being the main show in the state. They fully support us in any hate we want to throw at Pitt.

On a side note I wish our game day crew would engage in some more harmless trolling. Rivalries are what make college football fun and this kind of pettiness can only fuel it. So I’m in favor.

Let's ask it this way, would we like it or not if a Clemson fan, Alabama fan, Auburn fan, Fla fan, heck Go Southern fan started yelling 'What's the good word?' at their games? I mean if we could get the whole nation yelling that on College Game Day, wouldn't we like it? I know I would.

Let's ask it this way, would we like it or not if a Clemson fan, Alabama fan, Auburn fan, Fla fan, heck Go Southern fan started yelling 'What's the good word?' at their games? I mean if we could get the whole nation yelling that on College Game Day, wouldn't we like it? I know I would.
I taught Oklahoma fans this (at least saying To HELL With georgia!) at the 2017 rose bowl. uga fans were very confused (for more reasons than one)

I hate "Sweet Caroline" because the Red Sox sing it at their Games.

I hate everything about Boston.

Therefore I hate "Sweet Caroline"

I’m all in on this idea.

I cannot stress this enough. Pitt is not important enough for us to go out of our way to learn music to mock them.
I don't care about Pitt. Yes, I know they've had our number recently. Still a yawner opponent. We send them back up north with an L this year though.

As long as the answer is correct and the same regardless of who is yelling it, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Back