Shut up and play ball

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have also had enough of (fans whining about) NIL.
You’re going to be whining about it too probably. NIL = unlikely you will ever see Georgia Tech beat The University of Georgia or Clemson again in our lifetimes, even if a coach worse than Jim Donnan were coaching UGA. Too much talent difference.

Last edited:

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
NIL, or PTP (Paid to Play), as it should be called, will have a lot of unintended consequences that will be interesting.​
I don't want to hear anybody say it's not fair to criticize players for terrible performances because they're just kids playing a game. I don't want to hear how players are hurting in the locker room because they did the best they could and got beat 50 to 3. If you're playing for money, it's fair to criticize you when you do bad. And nobody wants to hear you're hurting, if you just got paid a lot for getting beat.​
I don't want to hear "we've got a good quarterback room, I don't know what the problem is," if one of them is getting paid ten times more than the other ones.​
If you're getting paid a fortune by a car dealer and the coach disciplines you, the coach better be ready to hear from you and your car dealer and your lawyers.​
This is going to change a lot of things in ways people haven't thought of. You can't be a kid and a paid athlete with a sponsor and a lawyer all at the same time. Got a hot date and your car dealer wants you at the dealership for a meet and greet, well tough.​
Good luck. You have sold your right to be a college kid. You don't get to be a kid anymore. You don't appreciate what you're giving up.​
did you type this up in Word?

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
NIL is another reason why going heavy after transfers makes a lot of sense. Once they’ve transferred in, their options to transfer out again are limited. Thus they can’t chase NIL dollars as easily, since with won’t have immediate eligibility.
They may be stuck with you, but they mostly suck. I don't know how you build a winner that way.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
NIL, or PTP (Paid to Play), as it should be called, will have a lot of unintended consequences that will be interesting.​
I don't want to hear anybody say it's not fair to criticize players for terrible performances because they're just kids playing a game. I don't want to hear how players are hurting in the locker room because they did the best they could and got beat 50 to 3. If you're playing for money, it's fair to criticize you when you do bad. And nobody wants to hear you're hurting, if you just got paid a lot for getting beat.​
I don't want to hear "we've got a good quarterback room, I don't know what the problem is," if one of them is getting paid ten times more than the other ones.​
If you're getting paid a fortune by a car dealer and the coach disciplines you, the coach better be ready to hear from you and your car dealer and your lawyers.​
This is going to change a lot of things in ways people haven't thought of. You can't be a kid and a paid athlete with a sponsor and a lawyer all at the same time. Got a hot date and your car dealer wants you at the dealership for a meet and greet, well tough.​
Good luck. You have sold your right to be a college kid. You don't get to be a kid anymore. You don't appreciate what you're giving up.​
Agree NIL has and will continue to change things, but this is an absolutist point of view. Do you hyper-criticize your top performer at work because he/she makes a lot of money?

Who knows where this is all going…I don’t like it, you don’t like it and the players likely don’t know sh_t. They’re young and see money. We would chase it too at that age.

I’ve said here several times…the college presidents must show some leadership right now on this issue…problem is they’re also incredibly compromised by the almighty dollar and have little incentive to invest in the best interests of the kids.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Agree NIL has and will continue to change things, but this is an absolutist point of view. Do you hyper-criticize your top performer at work because he/she makes a lot of money?

Who knows where this is all going…I don’t like it, you don’t like it and the players likely don’t know sh_t. They’re young and see money. We would chase it too at that age.

I’ve said here several times…the college presidents must show some leadership right now on this issue…problem is they’re also incredibly compromised by the almighty dollar and have little incentive to invest in the best interests of the kids.
It should be entertaining when high dollar NIL players fail to perform or suffer a serious injury and their compensation disappears. I am sure they will handle this with great maturity.
Another source of dissatisfaction will occur when portal recruits get more NIL money than the high performers on the current roster.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
You’re going to be whining about it too probably. NIL = unlikely you will ever see Georgia Tech beat The University of Georgia or Clemson again in our lifetimes, even if a coach worse than Jim Donnan were coaching UGA. Too much talent difference.
The talent difference literally can't get bigger than it has been the last few years. I favored some form of NIL (like autograph signings or legitimate endorsement deals with real companies). I am not a fan of how it is currently being used, but if you don't think Clemson and
UGA players were getting paid before, I dunno what to tell ya. Either way, NIL isn't the reason we are losing lately. It has just replaced calculus as the newest excuse.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The talent difference literally can't get bigger than it has been the last few years. I favored some form of NIL (like autograph signings or legitimate endorsement deals with real companies). I am not a fan of how it is currently being used, but if you don't think Clemson and
UGA players were getting paid before, I dunno what to tell ya. Either way, NIL isn't the reason we are losing lately. It has just replaced calculus as the newest excuse.
The talent difference can get much bigger.

I actually think we have some pretty decent talent. We just have terrible coaching.

Georgia Tech has the lowest of all football budgets. We will be losing football players to duke, NC State, WF, UVA, and just about any other P5 team that is capable of paying the recruits more than we can—-which is pretty much everyone.

Unlike the NFL, there are no salary caps in NIL. That is huge.

The system is not designed for parity. They don’t want parity. They want an exclusive group of 20 to 25 schools that compete for the college football national championship. Georgia Tech most certainly is not in that anticipated group.

It may take a few years, but I think the mutts and the tigers are going to end up getting bit in the butt by NIL too. Yes, both have a lot of money to pay for players NOW, but that money is more limited than people think when compared to the money of schools like T A&M, USC, and quite a few other wealthy schools.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
It may take a few years, but I think the mutts and the tigers are going to end up getting bit in the butt by NIL too. Yes, both have a lot of money to pay for players NOW, but that money is more limited than people think when compared to the money of schools like T A&M, USC, and quite a few other wealthy schools.
Yes, UGAg is just a public school without the NIL potential of a Southern Cal or without the billionaires of Texas, Texas A&M, or even Oklahoma. Somewhere, there is a billionaire donor of one of those schools planning to make his school the choice NIL school.