Sidewalk Fan / Alum

Sidewalk Fan / Alum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Need to change poll and add an option. Need a "went to GT" and "graduated from GT" option. Pretty sure there are several of us 2/3'ers here. Unless you want all those people lumped in the "alum" category because technically anybody that went to GT at all is one.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Need to change poll and add an option. Need a "went to GT" and "graduated from GT" option. Pretty sure there are several of us 2/3'ers here. Unless you want all those people lumped in the "alum" category because technically anybody that went to GT at all is one.
Anyone who got shafted at GT counts as an alum.

Jmonty71

Flats Noob
I always assumed the bulk of the fanbase was alums. I have only met 2 other people, that didn't attend.

Nanajoth

Varsity Lurker
Dad went, he had season tickets every year until I moved out of state. Been going to GT games since the late 90s.

oldgoldbee

Flats Noob
Sidewalk since 1958 when I went to my very first college football game at Bobby Dodd Stadium with my
uncle who always bled white and gold. I have had several relatives and many friends to matriculate to GT,
plus my older brother was the GREATEST GT fan I have ever known. Over the years I have donated a lot
of money to the AT Fund and had season tickets for many years in the Lower West stands and Lower
East stands. I have seen many highs with the football program and I have seen many lows with
the football program too,

My older brother, R.I.P. always told me; "you better have thick skin, if you're going to pull for the
Yellow Jackets!"

No truer words have ever been spoken!!!

I just hope the good Lord lets me live long enough to see our football program return it's glory days!

THWg

eg1

Dodd-Like
Sidewalk Canuck here since the early 80s by way of an admiration for Cremins (therefore initially basketball followed by football). The interwebs have been a boon — in the early days the only news available was by the (very) occasional bit in Sports Illustrated and the even rarer TV appearances on the Buffalo affiliates of the major US networks. The only really good thing about being so far away and across an international border is that Dwag fans are virtually nonexistent up here.

Only personal connection to Tech academically was a high school classmate of a younger brother who was a CS Prof in Augmented Reality at Tech until very recently (he left for Boston where I think he’s now gone over to the dark side — which is to say banking).

Distance means that I don’t get to many games, but fortunately (or not, given recent years performances :facepalm:) my Android box gives me access to lots of broadcasts for both football and basketball.

I’m a habitually loyal guy (retaining my CFL, NHL, and NFL allegiances from the early’70s) who is too old to change now, for better or for worse.

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
Worked at GT for over 17 years and at the USG for almost 3. Plan to work on a 2nd Masters degree at GT next year. We'll see. Grew up GT fan. Grandad, great uncle, and godfather all went to Tech in 40s and 50s.

BEEFENSE

Helluva Engineer
Been a fan all my life (78). Family members were Tech grads and I vaguely remember my uncle raising joyful hell in '52 and I was joyfully raising hell coming back from Orlando in '90. I tried to enroll at Tech but was too deficient in math so I moved on to play baseball and football at 2 other "institutions of higher learning" LOL --(NOT Ugag). In sports I have always lived and breathed Old Gold.

Highriser987

Dodd-Like
My dad graduated in the 60s, sister in the 90s, guessing I'm still a sidewalk fan. Now don't be mad but my other sisters went to ugay and same with my mom.