Sky is Falling Sky is Falling

Techcaster

Varsity Lurker
Welcome Chan Bashers. I know you guys must bee thrilled today. Oh how the mighty jacket team has fallen.
Guys I've had it w/ the bunch of mary's on here that have nothing better to do but whine and complain. It's like you take joy and delight in our tough times. Man i was frustrated and pissed about the game. But I also saw some real positives out of the game.
Also For you guys (by the way that probably have never played a lick of football) that think the playcalling was that awful. Think about this. We were in the "red" zone 5 times...Results=
1 FG
2 FG and a missed open wr by reggie
3 Fumble
4 Oh guess what another fumble
5 That's right another freakin fumble.
I just want one of you bashers to say something good about Tech. Chan. This Proud Program.

And i'm tired of this bs about doing it for the good of the program.
I'm going to bee there loud and proud on Sat getting in the face of as many awbarn fans as i can. WILL YOU!
rant.gif
or will you just sit at home and wait for the game to end so you can
soapbox.gif

Man i'm outta here for the week. You chan haters make life miserable. Maybe you should get a life ..date a little..go workout..go out to dinner or something fun in this city instead of living for something an 18 yr does and pounce on his coach.
I love the jackets and i always will.PERIOD

Originally posted by Techcaster:

PS. beeware...i'd love it if you came over to our tailgate.
lightningzap.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TC,
I will be at the game cheering on the Jackets just like I have been every year since probably before you were even born.

Just because I don't want Tech's historic football program ran completely into the ground, right before our very eyes....that does not make me less of a fan than you guys willing to let it happen without any protestation whatsoever... while you continue whistling past the graveyard.

I was at the games before this abomination started and I will be there after it ends (hopefully sooner rather than later).

If it makes you feel better to get through this bleak time by attacking other Tech fans, instead of the obvious problem, then that is certainly your prerogative.

Enjoy the game.

Amen Beeware!

I am not saying I agree with you that our program is being run into the ground by Gailey (Braine on the other hand....), buy you are dead on about others attacking fellow GT fans simply because they don't like the opinion OR rhetoric used by others.

Jerry..

Thats interesting...Werent you the one that thought Ted Roof was the best Def.Coordinator this side of Mickey Andrews??

First Off Let me say this. I played football and basketball in hs and some college and my temper gets the best of me. As for the showing up at our tailgate i was venting and took it out. For that I do apologize to you beeware and beeserk if you were offended.
Passion i guess runs deep w/ the love of Tech.
Don't get me wrong on chan though. I'm tired of the incessant bashing but i 'm a little ticked at some of the things he did thurs. but i don't come on here to crucify him I write my complaints to the GTAA. Your right beeserk about dividing the tech family and that's why i edited it immediately
but beeware got it b4 i could take it out.
So i do apologize.

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Techcaster:

PS. beeware...i'd love it if you came over to our tailgate.
lightningzap.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TC,
I will be at the game cheering on the Jackets just like I have been every year since probably before you were even born.

Just because I don't want Tech's historic football program ran completely into the ground, right before our very eyes....that does not make me less of a fan than you guys willing to let it happen without any protestation whatsoever... while you continue whistling past the graveyard.

I was at the games before this abomination started and I will be there after it ends (hopefully sooner rather than later).

If it makes you feel better to get through this bleak time by attacking other Tech fans, instead of the obvious problem, then that is certainly your prerogative.

Enjoy the game.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There were many reasons why I appreicated your posts over the last year .... other then thinking alike, THIS POST IS DEFINITELY CONNECTS WITH ME AND WHY I ALWAYS AGREED WITH YOU!!
drinking.gif

Originally posted by Techcaster:
Welcome Chan Bashers. I know you guys must bee thrilled today. Oh how the mighty jacket team has fallen.
Guys I've had it w/ the bunch of mary's on here that have nothing better to do but whine and complain. It's like you take joy and delight in our tough times. Man i was frustrated and pissed about the game. But I also saw some real positives out of the game.
Also For you guys (by the way that probably have never played a lick of football) that think the playcalling was that awful. Think about this. We were in the "red" zone 5 times...Results=
1 FG
2 FG and a missed open wr by reggie
3 Fumble
4 Oh guess what another fumble
5 That's right another freakin fumble.
I just want one of you bashers to say something good about Tech. Chan. This Proud Program.

And i'm tired of this bs about doing it for the good of the program.
I'm going to bee there loud and proud on Sat getting in the face of as many awbarn fans as i can. WILL YOU!
rant.gif
or will you just sit at home and wait for the game to end so you can
soapbox.gif

Man i'm outta here for the week. You chan haters make life miserable. Maybe you should get a life ..date a little..go workout..go out to dinner or something fun in this city instead of living for something an 18 yr does and pounce on his coach.
I love the jackets and i always will.PERIOD
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The freakin sky fell last year when 'coach' braine put that witch in charge of academics. All of the talk about Chan being a good or bad coach was rendered irrelevant with that horrible decision. You can't win with 230 lb linebackers playing DL.

Thats the WHOLE thing Goldmember.....I dont care WHO is Coach this year at GT...It would be near IMPOSSIBLE to win here this year with this kindof handicap...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Thats the WHOLE thing Goldmember.....I dont care WHO is Coach this year at GT...It would be near IMPOSSIBLE to win here this year with this kindof handicap...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I do think Gailey deserves some measure of blame. I don't care what the official policy was, he should of been on top of things. It's his ass on the line.

Ordinarily..Yes..But you cant say that in this instance...He had NO clue coming from the NFL to GT...The big difference and having to stay SO close to the academic situation here at GT.He learned the hard way and its unfortunate he wasnt Warned and guided by someone. Common sense says something smells like a rat in this WHOLE situation.....A 1st year Coach coming in here and in his first full off season this happens....

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I can't believe you have given up hope on Gailey. Sheesh, I am still a believer in him.

I don't think it is "near" impossible. I think it is "probable". I can't believe you jumped off the Chan wagon so fast.

Why do you attack GT fans who have the same feelings as you? You are making no sense lately. You have already judged Chan, but he could still win some games. I want Chan to win. That is a bottom line statement. If Chan wins, my team wins.

BLACK WATCH, not a CG basher here (yet), but look he had a staff, both coaching and otherwise that knew full well what the academic environment at GT was day one. This biz about him being surprised by it or having to learn the hard way is just not justified.

All this aside, I believe the Clemson game will speak volumes as to our program's future. If AU & fsu don't decimate our starters, I think we have a good shot at reversing the slide against CU. THWG....Great handle/font by the way!

Ted Roof is a great Georgia Tech man. I could come up with a list of excuses as to why his defenses did not dominate while at Tech and while they continue to struggle now at Duke, but you could do the same for practically any coach in the country. (see Chan Gailey)

My opinion of Ted being the head coach at Tech has to do with one thing and one thing only. He loves Tech, he understands Tech, he is a great competitor and he would give every possible thing in his power to make Tech a success on and off the field. He is the right man for this job but he may very well never get the opportunity. We will have to see what the future holds.

Go Jackets!

PS Black Watch you take your name from the great defensive team that Ted captained back in the mid 80's. If you have so little respect for Ted I suggest you change your moniker.

Ted Roof is a good GT man and a good position coach...but a poor coordinator and naming him head coach would be equivalent to bringing back Curry

Ordinarily..Yes..But you cant say that in this instance...He had NO clue coming from the NFL to GT...The big difference and having to stay SO close to the academic situation here at GT.He learned the hard way and its unfortunate he wasnt Warned and guided by someone. Common sense says something smells like a rat in this WHOLE situation.....A 1st year Coach coming in here and in his first full off season this happens....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He was warned, trust me. But with that aside, Dave Braine decided we would be a guinea pig for coaches who had been in the pros, away from the college game and 18 year old kids for 20+ years. He has been let down by Braine, but as he states himself, I am here to win the ACC and Beat UGA. THere are no asteriks. THere are no excuses. Yes DB has underperformed but Chan is a grown man and unfortunately better make do with what he has. Like you said, it doesnt matter who the coach is under these circumstances. But a winner and leader figure out a way to get it done. Period. Braine has not done that.

A very loyal and dedicated member of the GTAA Staff was exiting to take an important position at a prominent NCAA University. During his exit interview, he was told this by DB, "The academic reputation at Georgia Tech is all hype, nothing more, and I've always had a handle on academics - I'm not concerned." This former GT player, a starter, who very successfully recruited outstanding athletes to Grant Field, who actively participated in player development, was astounded by DB's remarks. He could not believe what he was hearing. (Today that very loyal Tech Man is doing extremely well at his new assignment in the NCAA Div. 1 System.)

Shortly after this exit interview, DB cut the guts out of the Academic Support System that buoyed our student athletes. And 'the rest of the story" is doing everything it can to perform on Saturdays this Fall, minus ten athletes that flunked out of school. Does DB understand the tradition attached to Georgia Tech - Hell no!!!

That's where the blame should be pegged, and that's why our football coach is operating with additional pressures that exceed the norm for a second year campaign. CG was misled by DB at the time of sale (when the contract was signed to come to Tech) and for all practical purposes, DB did the same thing to Paul Hewitt. Our revenue coaches were dealt a bad hand by "an empty suit " posing as an AD.

What you've just read is very true, and there is much more that identifies DB as a less than truthful, self serving, solely egotistical, tyrant that resents the Georgia Tech tradition - and especially those that bleed White and Gold. And don't dare under estimate DB's cronies that are visiously defending "their silly little jobs in the GTAA" in Bill Clinton Cabinet style. See it's not about us, and what's great for GT's success, it's about them, and what they profess as their personal accomplishments.

The truth will rule because people are starting to speak out. DB can't hide from the troubles he and his cronies have created. Truth would have allowed CG to coach with no strings attached - and still would if given the opportunity - minus DB at the helm of course.

AWB writes:

A very loyal and dedicated member of the GTAA Staff was exiting to take an important position at a prominent NCAA University. During his exit interview, he was told this by DB, "The academic reputation at Georgia Tech is all hype, nothing more, and I've always had a handle on academics - I'm not concerned."

I believe it.

BlackWatch that is your opinion, which you are entitled to and I respect. However, just because it is your opinion, it does not necessarily mean your judgement of Ted's abilities are correct. We happen to disagree on that.

One thing for sure, Ted would have understood academics and the importance of staying behind the atheletes to get the work done. He would have had great connections in the State to further in state recruiting (see Smith, Wimbush, Fox, etc.) and he would have never let our guys tank it in Athens. He can get good assistants to help with the rest.

Go Jackets!

Just saying 'Coach Roof" leaves a bad taste in my mouth, after last season with Teddy on the sidelines, I hope we have the opportunity to run the score up on Dook just to show to Dook what they got as a "coach". (breath now)

I miss Teddy like a hangover.
mad.gif

Back