So What Stunning Upsets Of The Past Would Rival

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
A GT upset of the mutts on Saturday? Has a 3-8 or 3-7 team ever knocked off an unbeaten top 5 team?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Is that a rivalry?
That wasn’t the question. The first response just happens to fit that bill, but App State was a much better team than we are. Stanford v Southern Cal probably is the most apt comparison.

rain

Dodd-Like
No- those two would not come close
When I was a kid, FSU almost knocked off Alabama
Almost
This was when FSU was terrible and one of the worst teams in the country
But they lost by one point

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
That wasn’t the question. The first response just happens to fit that bill, but App State was a much better team than we are. Stanford v Southern Cal probably is the most apt comparison.
I read the question wrong, my fault

rain

Dodd-Like
If we upset UGA- it will be epic and set the standard for epic upsets

In 1981 a Georgia Tech team would get it's only win of the season (1-10) by beating #2 ranked Alabama on the road...

Tech relied on an amazing performance from one of their all time great back Robert Lavette.

Sadly not happening Saturday.

/

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Happens only in fiction - The Bad News Bears, The Mighty Ducks, Angels in the Outfield, The Little Giants, The Big Green, Revenge of the Nerds.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Stanford had Harbaugh who is a REAL COACH top 5 in my opinion

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There is not one that actually happened

would be like the guys in the Alamo winning or Sparta beating the tall gay guy and his army