"So you're telling me there's a chance"

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
It's like the seen from dumb and dumber but...
Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

Virginia has 5 more ACC games and they're two "easiest" games are away:
Maryland (A) ????
NCState (A) ????
Wake (H) loss
Miami (A) loss
VaTech (H) loss

They could possibly end up with 4 ACC losses.

Virginia Tech has 5 more ACC games as well
BC at home (L)
GT away (L)
Florida State at home (W)
Miami at home (L)
Virginia away (W)

This scenario and a Miami loss to BC or Florida state and we could actually still go. If we win out and go 5-3 in conference and a BUNCH of other stuff happens....I know it's about one in a million but I'M TELLING YOU THERE'S A CHANCE!!!!

I think Virginia ending up with 3 ACC losses is the most likely scenario to keep us out. All these other teams are going to be beating each other up. VaTech could be really good and go on a tear and beat us, etc.

How big is that holding/field goal miss(Maryland) and dropped punt(Virginia) now? To have just one of those back and a W we'd be right in the hunt.

The main problem is that we need the following:

1) If UVA ends up with 3 losses, we need 2 more teams that we beat to have 3 losses.
2) We need to be tied with teams we beat that have 3 conference losses and UVA to have 4 or more conference losses.

The odds are long and I'm not holding my breath, but it has happened before and certainly stranger things have happened this season.

1) If UVA ends up with 3 losses, we need 2 more teams that we beat to have 3 losses.
2) We need to be tied with teams we beat that have 3 conference losses and UVA to have 4 or more conference losses.
1. Miami and VT who would both beat UVA maybe???
2. Miami and/or VT again and HOPEFULLY to keep it easy UVA will lose 4.

Virginia has 5 more ACC games and they're two "easiest" games are away:
Maryland (A) ????
NCState (A) ????
Wake (H) loss
Miami (A) loss
VaTech (H) loss

They could possibly end up with 4 ACC losses.

Virginia Tech has 5 more ACC games as well
BC at home (L)
GT away (L)
Florida State at home (W)
Miami at home (L)
Virginia away (W)

I think Virginia ending up with 3 ACC losses is the most likely scenario to keep us out.

VT will be the stumbling block overall --even if GT defeats them and UVA does go on to lose four games in conference.

I can see BC winning @VT and GT winning at home --but I just don't see Miami winning @VT --I'd say the chances are more likely that FSU wins @VT or UVA wins at home.

If UVA defeats VT then both Maryland and NCSt would need to win at home against UVA. I can see Maryland --but not NCSt.

VT will be the stumbling block overall --even if GT defeats them and UVA does go on to lose four games in conference.

I can see BC winning @VT and GT winning at home --but I just don't see Miami winning @VT --I'd say the chances are more likely that FSU wins @VT or UVA wins at home.

If UVA defeats VT then both Maryland and NCSt would need to win at home against UVA. I can see Maryland --but not NCSt.

I think UVA loses at least 3 conf games but I agree it will be hard for VT to lose three.

VT is playing better and they have most of their remaining games at home. Even if they lose one at home and at GT, I just can't see them losing three at this point. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they win out based on the ACC and where they play their games.

boys, boys, boys, UVA is a pretender. one lucky game w/ us, one lucky game at Midd Tenn St U, and one lucky game tonight. They WILL LOSE to all the ACC teams they have left,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

boys, boys, boys, UVA is a pretender. one lucky game w/ us, one lucky game at Midd Tenn St U, and one lucky game tonight. They WILL LOSE to all the ACC teams they have left,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Which means in all likelihood that VT wins the Coastal with a 6-2 record.

That's what thwg & I are saying --at this point VT is in better standing to win the Coastal.

How can you say that? FSU won their division with a 5-3 record in 2005.

don't get me wrong Kyle, I'd love to make the title game, know u would too, but I think our chances our out of reach at this point without some miraculous things going our way.

You lose your man card if you win the division with a 5-3 record. It isn't going to happen and if it did we'd just continue to be the laughing stock of college football.

You lose your man card if you win the division with a 5-3 record. It isn't going to happen and if it did we'd just continue to be the laughing stock of college football.

I'm not sure we are relevant enough to qualify as a laughing stock. Dook's win at Northwestern couple of weeks ago got more press then our HUGE Miami win.

We got a win on the road in the ACC, which is HARD to do, and we'll take it. A lot of people will try and down play this win saying "Miami is awful this year" but I'm here to tell u, maybe they are, but let's look at it closely, it wasn't just an average performance by an average team that beat them, it was a HUGE day by one of the top running backs in the country that was the deciding factor, let's not forget that people, Shard had 225 on the ground, I don't give a damn how "down" Miami is, that's impressive, and THAT was the deciding factor. So give Kudos where Kudos is due. Tech didn't just "beat a bad team", Tashard Choice took over and was the difference against a GOOD defensive football team....PERIOD!!!!! and Defense didn't play all that bad, secondary struggled, as always, but they also made some big plays. Good QB would've hurt us, but Mia don't have a good QB, and that's what Tenuta's D is built to kill, bad QB's....it's no secret that goodQB's will have success against us....but Mia doesn't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tashard Choice took over and was the difference against a GOOD defensive football team....PERIOD!!!!!

If TC was 100% in the UVA and Maryland games...we'd be 6-1....PERIOD!!!!

--i kinda want to sig this but don't know how and am too lazy.

Listen guys, this doesn't matter. If we win out and beat ugag it will be a good year no matter if we make the ACCCG or not. One game at a time boys, one game at a time.

Back