"So you're telling me there's a chance"

If we make the ACCCG I will buy everyone a shot.

Beej,

How do I sig that? And most importantly, how are you going to get it to Minnesota? Actually, if you are allowed at the ACCCG, I might be there to collect.

What's unfortunate is we no longer control our own destiny. It could hapen because UVA is one play from losng to MTSU and one play from losing to UCONN< they are bound to collapse against better teams in the ACC.

As mentioned, the key is VT. DO they lose 3 times in the ACC? Probably not. Just beating them in a few weeks will be big enough for our season in itself.

Beej,

How do I sig that? And most importantly, how are you going to get it to Minnesota? Actually, if you are allowed at the ACCCG, I might be there to collect.

Cut the quote you want onto your windows clipboard.

Go to "User CP" at the navigation bar at the top. Then click "Edit Signature" .. paste it in / etc. There's a preview button so you can get it right format-wise/etc.

If we make the ACCCG, I will make arrangements to get a shot to Minnesota. Somehow.

Being a lifelong tech fan I think I can be realistic and a bit of an optimist because otherwise we'd all go crazy from frustration....That said I think its very realistic VT loses 3 games and while our situation is sub-obtimal the fact that our destiny may lie in our own hands when we play them in a few weeks is the perfect opportunity to at least have a say in the thing. Frankly VT has yet to really play any amazing game, hell they only beat UNC by 7 and didn't exactly destroy Clemson....

What we need, and what we probably won't get is help from Clempsen, Boston College, and FSU. And as someone else posted cogently last week, the biggest, least likely piece of the puzzle is us not losing another conference game. Again I beseech you: did you see anything in the Miami game that would indicate to you that this program is "over the 7 win hump"? ??? I didn't.

No, it might happen. And so what if we don't have the respect of the national median and fandom in general? That is basically the way it is every year. Save for Va Tech, there is no one in the division that is head and shoulders above the rest. I still think Boston College is not that good. Yes, they smoked us, but we aren't that good either. All the Atlantic Div. teams can help us, but we have to help ourselves--and that will be the biggest hurdle. I think we will hang around mathematically, for a few more weeks. Maryland, FSU, Clempsen will give our rivals some losses. Can we win our three remaining ACC games? Yes. Will we? Not likely. But a season that was completely lost will remain interesting for a few more weekends.

boys, boys, boys, UVA is a pretender. one lucky game w/ us, one lucky game at Midd Tenn St U, and one lucky game tonight. They WILL LOSE to all the ACC teams they have left,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
UVA is a pretender but they have a scheduling advantage in that they don't have to play F$U, BC, or Clemson. Similar to Wake not having to play GT, Miami, or VT.

Virginia is winning games with smoke and mirrors, but nevertheless it's hard to imagine the Coastal champ will be anyone other than the winner of VPI-UVa.

UVA is a pretender but they have a scheduling advantage in that they don't have to play F$U, BC, or Clemson. Similar to Wake not having to play GT, Miami, or VT.

I would guess Wake will be a much tougher opponent than CU or FSU at this time.

That being said, MD is favored over a 6-1 UVA team so many folks don't think they are that good. Interestingly, GT would still be favored over UVA if they played today. i still can't believe we lost both to UVA and MD when we were better and had the games in hand.

If we were 3-2 in conference right now, we would basically control our destiny.

Back