Sorry if this is on here but this is what a Head Coach with class helps build a new fan base

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
My wish generally is that we’d find a way to leverage anything from architecture and civil engineering to AI stuff - anything you could imagine those big GT brains contributing to athletics. One particular thing that was discussed was better ways to access and make sense of physio data.

I was happy when Collins was talking about using data to practice and train more effectively, but it seems like all we ever did was measure how fast our gunners ran past the punt receiver. I’m hoping they want to have a smarter go at that.

JRjr
Hard to use data from orc battles and dance parties for football.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
My wish generally is that we’d find a way to leverage anything from architecture and civil engineering to AI stuff - anything you could imagine those big GT brains contributing to athletics. One particular thing that was discussed was better ways to access and make sense of physio data.

I was happy when Collins was talking about using data to practice and train more effectively, but it seems like all we ever did was measure how fast our gunners ran past the punt receiver. I’m hoping they want to have a smarter go at that.

JRjr
I think what would be really good is to figure out a way to "moneyball" GT football and basketball:
1. Hire some data scientist / statistics PhD students to identify the metrics that matter most in football and basketball.
2. Identify current roster players and portal transfers that possess the needed metrics and pay NIL $ to retain/bring these players to GT
3. Profit

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
This is going to be the longest off-season in that kid's life.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I think what would be really good is to figure out a way to "moneyball" GT football and basketball:
1. Hire some data scientist / statistics PhD students to identify the metrics that matter most in football and basketball.
2. Identify current roster players and portal transfers that possess the needed metrics and pay NIL $ to retain/bring these players to GT
3. Profit
I believe the serious programs call #1 analysts.

H-town

Helluva Engineer

JRjr
Better physical protection through composite material. How to keep the field green. Opposition data analytics. Retractable sun shield for west stands. Injury recovery. The list could be huge.

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Better physical protection through composite material. How to keep the field green. Opposition data analytics. Retractable sun shield for west stands. Injury recovery. The list could be huge.
Retractable sun shield for west stands. Since I’m not an engineer I’ll ask the question. Can this be done? Would it be feasible?