Spring Game to be on a Friday night

GSUsTALON

Flats Noob
No argument though Dave's voice is shot and he forgets lyrics now and sounds like öööö. Conversely, JBJ was a total pro. Great First Concert for my kids.
But enough of that - how did our PK look? Sounds like our backup QB is solid.
Are you sure your IQ is 120? It's obvious from his post that he was at the Bon Jovi concert.
Maybe it's the square root of 120.

Yes I got that, GTRules. I just thought I'd bring it up anyway because he hates cut blocks.
Since the blocking scheme is so important I thought it would be one of the first questions he'd ask.
You know his posts - the O line flop around like fish!

18in32

Petard Hoister
About as much of a chance as me! TQ will be the starter.
Gonna have to agree on that, based on how CPJ has been talking throughout the spring. He's said a lot of nice things about TQ. I don't think he's given any indication that the position is really 'open' in his mind.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I guess I haven’t been following the football news very well but why didn’t TQ play in the spring game?

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
No argument though Dave's voice is shot and he forgets lyrics now and sounds like öööö. Conversely, JBJ was a total pro. Great First Concert for my kids.

But enough of that - how did our PK look? Sounds like our backup QB is solid.
When hasn’t Dave forgotten the lyrics?
Call up just about any old VH show on YouTube and invariably somewhere in the first few songs Dave yells out “I forgot the f—-in’ words!”
Hope someone posts the whole 81 Oakland show one day.

Glad we seem to have escaped the spring game injury free relatively. Cooper must have gotten hurt in practice

saxondawg

Varsity Lurker
By this time everyone's waiting for my opinion, to more or less capture the issue perfectly in words, as I always do.

Spring games are not "brand builders." That's done between September and January. These games are snore-fests at best, and history demonstrates they have absolutely no relationship to what happens in the season that follows. That said, Tech is going against the trend by burying T-Night (its old name). If nothing else, players appreciate a little fan support after spring practice. They see other schools making it a big event, particularly in recruiting terms. Why waste any opportunity to get recruits around GT football?

I don't think this is a huge issue, but it's one of the little things your athletic director needs to be doing to keep pace, build fan support, and built recruiting momentum. Not as a brand-builder but because details build football programs.

gogt5

Flats Noob
When hasn’t Dave forgotten the lyrics?
Call up just about any old VH show on YouTube and invariably somewhere in the first few songs Dave yells out “I forgot the f—-in’ words!”
Hope someone posts the whole 81 Oakland show one day.

Glad we seem to have escaped the spring game injury free relatively. Cooper must have gotten hurt in practice
The forgot the words quote was planned, he did it as a joke and yes that 81 Oakland show is the hoily grail of rock.
Does anyone know how serious any of the OL injuries are?

GSUsTALON

Flats Noob
By this time everyone's waiting for my opinion, to more or less capture the issue perfectly in words, as I always do.

Spring games are not "brand builders." That's done between September and January. These games are snore-fests at best, and history demonstrates they have absolutely no relationship to what happens in the season that follows. That said, Tech is going against the trend by burying T-Night (its old name). If nothing else, players appreciate a little fan support after spring practice. They see other schools making it a big event, particularly in recruiting terms. Why waste any opportunity to get recruits around GT football?

I don't think this is a huge issue, but it's one of the little things your athletic director needs to be doing to keep pace, build fan support, and built recruiting momentum. Not as a brand-builder but because details build football programs.
I agree with most of what you say.
Spring games let the hard core fans come out and see a little football.
The coaches grade the performance using film.