Spring Game

Spring Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I take it this means we are deep on defense and are in a world of hurt depth-wise on the O-line.

3rd and 4th string QBs are playing very poor and making very poor reads. I wouldn't read too much into anything other than 1st string O looks good and D looks good.

My first half observations:

- Marcus Allen looks good. Breaks tackles and is faster than Days/Laskey IMO (albeit witnessing just a few carries)
- Receivers/ABs except for Juene and Summers can't catch
- I'm not nearly as worried about the starting WRs.
- DBs playing tighter than last year. But not making plays on the ball.
- 2nd team (kinda really 3rd team) OL is not doing very well.
- Terrell Lewis might win a spot on 1st team

Kallon and JHD are both standing out on D....JHD getting double teamed quite a bit and still making plays.

Lynch and Willis looking pretty good at AB as well. Snoddy and Andrews, those two, and Searcy will be a pretty solid rotation.

J. J. Green. If anyone is interested in getting a good look at him, watch the UGA-Tenn game in '13 on Youtube. I think he rushed for 137. Looked really good. Started against Missouri (Gurley and Mitchell both hurt) and rushed for 87 on not too many carries--against a very good defense. Those were probably his best games. He has extremely good vision and in my opinion is a perfect match for Johnson's offense. Our loss, your gain for sure.

Byerly looked pretty good. Threw 4 TDs in one drive. Even considering he was playing with the 2's and the plays were being called by Sewak, Matthew Jordan seems like a big drop-off right now. Really important to have Byerly. I hope JT plays about as much against Alcorn State as he played today.

Play of the game to me was Gotsis's flying strip of Byerly

JHD getting double teamed quite a bit and still making plays.

I'll have to rewatch but he looked slow to me at times. Looked good but I was not blown away. Maybe he was going easy to not kill anyone.

J. J. Green. If anyone is interested in getting a good look at him, watch the UGA-Tenn game in '13 on Youtube. I think he rushed for 137. Looked really good. Started against Missouri (Gurley and Mitchell both hurt) and rushed for 87 on not too many carries--against a very good defense. Those were probably his best games. He has extremely good vision and in my opinion is a perfect match for Johnson's offense. Our loss, your gain for sure.

Thanks for the insight. Adding talent is always good.

My first half observations:

- Marcus Allen looks good. Breaks tackles and is faster than Days/Laskey IMO (albeit witnessing just a few carries)
- Receivers/ABs except for Juene and Summers can't catch
- I'm not nearly as worried about the starting WRs.
- DBs playing tighter than last year. But not making plays on the ball.
- 2nd team (kinda really 3rd team) OL is not doing very well.
- Terrell Lewis might win a spot on 1st team
Allen also appears to have decent hands for the passing game. Seems to get up awful slow after every run/tackle, but keeps plugging away play after play

Devine is still out of shape

Gamble looked pretty good. Gets out of his stance quick.

I think we're growing us a stump in the middle. Freshman listed @ 6'1 280 had some reps

Messick looks the part but had a horrid drop and telegraphs his hard cuts

Burden slid over and played Guard (due to OL injuries I guess)

JHD is not 300 lbs

M. Allen looked good.

Demond Smith still a liability

Neither D pulled any punches.

Q. Searcy will be a player for us in the future.

1st team O moved the ball pretty well which has been a prob in previous spring games

M Jordan is a long ways away.

Ricky Jeune / Jackie Moon.

i finished in 3 years though. entered Fall88, graduated Summer91
YxZp4d7.gif

Back