Spring Practice starts today!

What ab rivals insider?
And is there a scrimmage this upcoming Saturday?

From what I hear everything is closed except the Spring game. All you will get this year is the pulitzer prize level effort from Doug Robertson crack AJC journalist. In other words you might as well get back to fretting over basketball and baseball those two important sports at Georgia Tech.

There has been no spring schedule published, no spring prospectus, no updated roster and no effort on the part of the coaching staff or administration to promote Georgia Tech football this spring. I hope they fired most everybody down there and are realizing a tremendous savings with this total lack of communication and effort.

Go Jackets!

From what I hear everything is closed except the Spring game. All you will get this year is the pulitzer prize level effort from Doug Robertson crack AJC journalist. In other words you might as well get back to fretting over basketball and baseball those two important sports at Georgia Tech.

There has been no spring schedule published, no spring prospectus, no updated roster and no effort on the part of the coaching staff or administration to promote Georgia Tech football this spring. I hope they fired most everybody down there and are realizing a tremendous savings with this total lack of communication and effort.

Go Jackets!
I feel your frustration. I with you. With the closing of practices, they (the GTAA and CPJ) control 100% of the info coming out of Spring Football. Its a PR gold mine they seem to be shutting the door on. Makes no sense to me. In years past they made an effort to communicate with fans, promote the program and ramp up excitement. This year seems like they want to fly completely under the radar like its not even happening. Good luck with your season ticket campaign. :dunno:

ps. Maybe ESPN will broadcast the Spring Game? ROLFLMAO.

Go Jackets!

I agree with what you're saying. If Eric didn't start this thread, I would have had no idea Spring Practice started.

The build up to this spring has been quite different than in years past.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to close the practices. We've been running the same 8 or 9 plays - with the occasional wrinkle - for the last 3 years. We don't really have anything to hide.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to close the practices. We've been running the same 8 or 9 plays - with the occasional wrinkle - for the last 3 years. We don't really have anything to hide.

That's what they want you to think.

True... if you're only watching the ball.

I'm pretty the closed practice thing came about because some a-hole filmed a session after being specifically asked to not use cameras.

I'm pretty the closed practice thing came about because some a-hole filmed a session after being specifically asked to not use cameras.

Was that posted at the entrance? While I saw reports from other schools saying they didn't want cameras or video, I never saw any such request from GT. I remember telling someone that they should go ahead and film stuff because there had not been a request that people not do it.

What did I miss?

Anybody that would film practices without being expressly asked to is a freakin idiot.

Back