Spring Practice starts today!

This is so frustrating...does anyone know how practice went today?

Maybe coach wants to be a real MoFo in practice and doesn't want a lot of witnesses around?

Not that it bothered him much at Southern, where practices were open. But I can see that happening. PJ have some paint peelin on the field to do this spring to make up for last season.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to close the practices. We've been running the same 8 or 9 plays - with the occasional wrinkle - for the last 3 years. We don't really have anything to hide.

Well a good deal of the "wrinkles" are changes to the blocking scheme. Which is someting you would like to keep in your back pocket and pulled out when needed.

My fiancé works in the Wardlaw Building and I commute home with her every day after class. They're about to close the sidewalk on North Ave due to a widening project, diverting traffic across the footbridge that overlooks the field on the north side of the Wardlaw Building. I watched about 10 minutes of practice yesterday while I waited for her. Nothing of interest happened unfortunately. Though I don't see how they can stop others from peeping.

Well a good deal of the "wrinkles" are changes to the blocking scheme. Which is someting you would like to keep in your back pocket and pulled out when needed.
Blocking assignments can be changed play by play w/o anything tipping them off. I don't see how prior knowledge of who we target benefits the defense when they have no idea when we do it.

Back