Stadium A/V still sucks

I actually wrote to T-Stan about not running out behind the Reck. I don't care about losing football games during a transition, but don't ruin a tradition that's existed since 1962. I'm not even that old, but it pisses me off to no end. (Old man shakes fist at cloud.gif)
I did too and got a generic email back from an associate AD

I actually wrote to T-Stan about not running out behind the Reck. I don't care about losing football games during a transition, but don't ruin a tradition that's existed since 1962. I'm not even that old, but it pisses me off to no end. (Old man shakes fist at cloud.gif)
You should write Mike Castle. You'd think the players wouldn't want to run out to confused fans as to why everyone but the team seems excited about a tradition that has occurred every home game since 1961

I'm glad more people are seeing and hearing the problems I stated after the first home game. This is really embarrassing for an institute of technology. When the UGA fans come end of November they are going to brag about how much better their team, a/v system, production, you name it is. AND THEIR RIGHT! It sucks to say but they got their crap together and its not that hard to do. Typical Tech likes to over think things and then screws it up. Its like adding bondo to crappy car to make it seem better. Some times you've got to strip it down and start over. Keep the things that work and everybody loves and make everything else around them better. TStan keep saying were going to be innovated like the rest of our institution but we are getting our buts kicked by the school to the east.

I think there needs to be major renovations to BDS and hopefully they will come with the new edge building. We need a need new PA system (preferably from Danley). New larger video board with no permanent sponsorship logos on the side. (You don't see that on any other major college football stadium scoreboards anymore).
And is it me or does the overall stadium branding seem old and out dated.
-The end-zone blue honeycomb padding cover with the sponsorship logos on it
-The light up "Georgia Tech" on the Wardlaw Center with "e" that's been busted for years from a field goal
-The banner on the east stands with the hof players names on it
-The faded Clint Castleberry retired #19.
To me it all looks outdated and cheap. You go to other stadiums and that have 3D light up signs and names in a clean professional look. Most of Tech's branding looks like its held on with zip ties. WHICH IT IS!! No more cute honeycomb patterns, contrasting colored sponsorship logos. We need a clean look with consistency and continuity throughout the entire athletic program and branding. If Tech says they are updating the branding then they need to up their money where their mouth is and start updating everything and do it well because other programs are blowing Tech out of the water in this department.

I'm glad more people are seeing and hearing the problems I stated after the first home game. This is really embarrassing for an institute of technology. When the UGA fans come end of November they are going to brag about how much better their team, a/v system, production, you name it is. AND THEIR RIGHT! It sucks to say but they got their crap together and its not that hard to do. Typical Tech likes to over think things and then screws it up. Its like adding bondo to crappy car to make it seem better. Some times you've got to strip it down and start over. Keep the things that work and everybody loves and make everything else around them better. TStan keep saying were going to be innovated like the rest of our institution but we are getting our buts kicked by the school to the east.

I think there needs to be major renovations to BDS and hopefully they will come with the new edge building. We need a need new PA system (preferably from Danley). New larger video board with no permanent sponsorship logos on the side. (You don't see that on any other major college football stadium scoreboards anymore).
And is it me or does the overall stadium branding seem old and out dated.
-The end-zone blue honeycomb padding cover with the sponsorship logos on it
-The light up "Georgia Tech" on the Wardlaw Center with "e" that's been busted for years from a field goal
-The banner on the east stands with the hof players names on it
-The faded Clint Castleberry retired #19.
To me it all looks outdated and cheap. You go to other stadiums and that have 3D light up signs and names in a clean professional look. Most of Tech's branding looks like its held on with zip ties. WHICH IT IS!! No more cute honeycomb patterns, contrasting colored sponsorship logos. We need a clean look with consistency and continuity throughout the entire athletic program and branding. If Tech says they are updating the branding then they need to up their money where their mouth is and start updating everything and do it well because other programs are blowing Tech out of the water in this department.
Their money? Don't you mean our money?

The stupidest thing we've done since I followed ball on the football side was "major renovations to BDS". Adding seats when attendance is declining across football simply did not make sense to me.

Worrying about keeping up with appearances like light shows and paint schemes when you don't have the talent to hang with mid tier teams like UNC and UVA is so asinine. What shade of lipstick looks best on the pig.

Our money is focused where it needs to be on the recruits and player development. Our branding is focused where it needs to be on the recruits and players. When CGC thinks we are at the stage that BDS is holding us back we will address it I feel certain.

They could fix the E.

The stupidest thing we've done since I followed ball on the football side was "major renovations to BDS". Adding seats when attendance is declining across football simply did not make sense to me.

Worrying about keeping up with appearances like light shows and paint schemes when you don't have the talent to hang with mid tier teams like UNC and UVA is so asinine. What shade of lipstick looks best on the pig.

Our money is focused where it needs to be on the recruits and player development. Our branding is focused where it needs to be on the recruits and players. When CGC thinks we are at the stage that BDS is holding us back we will address it I feel certain.

They could fix the E.
I agree, no reason to spend big money on A/V until we can get this new regime established and get some money rolling in.

But, yeah, fix things that are broken. Hire somebody that doesn't suck. Maybe pay them $10k more than this guy and it is money well spent. Use existing equipment to show replays and play the right music/let the band play appropriately.

I agree, no reason to spend big money on A/V until we can get this new regime established and get some money rolling in.

I imagine the payback on LED floodlights is pretty good so I would expect those soon enough.

They could fix the E.

Look, I get it, we need to focus on the players. But as a fan who pays money to go see the games, I care about the experience. Do you think players want to play in a dated and faded stadium? I'm not saying we should get rid of BDS; just rejuvenate it. I think you are confusing renovations with expansion. I never said major renovations would be to add seating, but rather to make the stadium nicer to put butts in those existing seats. If we could make BDS look as nice as McCamish that would be great! I think we are doing the right things on the players side of branding, but we can do more for the fans who pay the money to go see them. The sound system is over 10 years old and there are some speakers that are busted. Talking about lipstick on a pig; that's exactly what they are doing right now! It's time to kill the pig and get something better. I only point this out because its embarrassing to see when compared to the rest of college football.

I think there is less 'juice' now about football and the games than at any time since 81-82. Season tickets are going to take a hit next year.

I think there is less 'juice' now about football and the games than at any time since 81-82. Season tickets are going to take a hit next year.
I dont agree at all.

The hype will be bigtime on signing day. The extent to which the hype stays amped through 2020 will depend on:
1. How much the prognosticators expect us to improve in 2020. I do expect minimal here.
2. How much we actually show signs of improvement.
3. How much the new class shows signs of the hype they are coming in with.
4. How much we sustain the improved recruiting including transfers.

I could see a 2020 dip in season tickets for various reasons, including no UGA game, but we cannot worry about that as it is a short term issue.

The plan is build it and they will come. We start winning and the bandwagon is gonna fill up like you have never seen.

This reminds me alot of a church I used to go to. Had a lot of great potential and was in a great location. Great Venue too. But those in charge were either too old to change, to blind to see the problems, or just didnt know how to change.

A lot of our problem is even if the culture changes around the team it has to change for us fans as well. It doesnt matter how many people are in a stadium you have to have the atmosphere that we will be loud regardless. The band needs to be a center piece of the experience that is enhanced by corroborated efforts from the A/V. You have to have pre-meditated what type of things will be played depending on the mood of the stadium. I recall at Notre Dame the band played most of the time but when they cranked up the speakers it was at very precise moments designed to pump the crowd up. We have done this well before. At 2011 Clemson we played welcome to the jungle during a time out on a third down and it got everyone pumped.

Ive always thought the band has a weird location. the south endzone is directly across from the band where there are not alot of students. For games where the opponent brings their band I, sitting in the upper west sometimes hear their band more loudly than Techs.

Have we had some of our engineers run tests to determine the optimal location for our band to be so that they are most loudly heard by the most people? Or is the strategy always been just to put them in the student section? Maybe its time to re-arrange seating differently as well. Starting with the lousy Gold seat club.

This reminds me alot of a church I used to go to. Had a lot of great potential and was in a great location. Great Venue too. But those in charge were either too old to change, to blind to see the problems, or just didnt know how to change.

A lot of our problem is even if the culture changes around the team it has to change for us fans as well. It doesnt matter how many people are in a stadium you have to have the atmosphere that we will be loud regardless. The band needs to be a center piece of the experience that is enhanced by corroborated efforts from the A/V. You have to have pre-meditated what type of things will be played depending on the mood of the stadium. I recall at Notre Dame the band played most of the time but when they cranked up the speakers it was at very precise moments designed to pump the crowd up. We have done this well before. At 2011 Clemson we played welcome to the jungle during a time out on a third down and it got everyone pumped.

Ive always thought the band has a weird location. the south endzone is directly across from the band where there are not alot of students. For games where the opponent brings their band I, sitting in the upper west sometimes hear their band more loudly than Techs.

Have we had some of our engineers run tests to determine the optimal location for our band to be so that they are most loudly heard by the most people? Or is the strategy always been just to put them in the student section? Maybe its time to re-arrange seating differently as well. Starting with the lousy Gold seat club.
They are in their optimal place. The band in the south stands is like a sound vacuum.

Other than drivers who don’t use a turn signal, my biggest pet peeve in life.

Did anyone else notice that Brentavious Glanton made a tackle (he was wearing Brandon Adams jersey for this game), and the PA announced stated "Brandon Adams on the tackle"?

Back