Stansbury to NC State

He's a likeable guy and cared about Tech more than Bobinski. Getting rid of the grass was bad though and is his terrible legacy. We fired Collins but apparently we can't fire the turf. If that was Stansbury's great idea of how to raise money we needed a different money raiser.

To be more evenhanded, I think standardizing Tech gold was one good change Stansbury made. How much he was personally responsible for that I don't know. We also switched to Adidas under him but I think that may have happened regardless of AD.
The AI2020 was a good thing, too, and people responded to it well. Between that and the CI that Batt initiated, Tech benefactors have provided almost $200M.

He's a likeable guy and cared about Tech more than Bobinski. Getting rid of the grass was bad though and is his terrible legacy. We fired Collins but apparently we can't fire the turf. If that was Stansbury's great idea of how to raise money we needed a different money raiser.

To be more evenhanded, I think standardizing Tech gold was one good change Stansbury made. How much he was personally responsible for that I don't know. We also switched to Adidas under him but I think that may have happened regardless of AD.

He fundraised well, but it sounds like he was less involved in football than mbob. That's pretty awful. Considering what is coming out now about the internals of the football program, it sounds clearly like negligence on his part.

Iirc, adidas was because Russell wanted to end the contract.

If he had fired Collins a year ago he would still be our AD.
Truth....He was in deep love or compromised by Collins somehow. He was good at FCS ETSU, and we would have been happy to have him back. He just really soiled the bed with Collins and couldn't own it....

If he had fired Collins a year ago he would still be our AD.

True. But the ööööty contract that essentially gave collins 5 full years was bullshit. Not being able to fire collins until after the signing period this year was reason enough to fire him. Not realizing that last year was also grounds for firing him.

Truth....He was in deep love or compromised by Collins somehow. He was good at FCS ETSU, and we would have been happy to have him back. He just really soiled the bed with Collins and couldn't own it....
In 2003 Stainsberry shut down the football program at ETSU ............................

Iirc, adidas was because Russell wanted to end the contract.

Yea, that's how I remember it too. We were Russell's last team and they were just moving out of the business of outfitting schools entirely.

Russell sucked.

Back