Stansbury to NC State

Some people interview very well.

NC State AD's office, where the interview took place.
d22.jpg

No reason? Like in zero reasons? Venables, Collins, basically the same as assistants? That is absurd. He may or not be ok as an assistant, but there are plenty of reasons on display why he should never be in any leadership position. Venables might not be a good head coach but he's not displayed any of the myriad of ridiculous things that Collins did that translate poorly to any position of leadership. But otherwise Venables, Collins, totally the same.

I don't think he was saying they're the same, just that Collins is likely much more serviceable as a DC than a head coach. His defensive record looks good at some places (he was always the first to tell us, right?), but he often wasn't around long enough to really own the success like Brent did. So... "maybe"

I don't think he was saying they're the same, just that Collins is likely much more serviceable as a DC than a head coach. His defensive record looks good at some places (he was always the first to tell us, right?), but he often wasn't around long enough to really own the success like Brent did. So... "maybe"

When you combine "there's no reason to believe", followed by a comparison with no one taking Venables off their DC list after a poor head coaching tenure, that suggests a false equivalence. There are way more reasons for someone to choose Venables as a coordinator vs Collins (and plenty to not choose Collins for any position). Maybe it's bad wording or whatever but I was disputing what was written, not what he might have meant if he had written different words.

In the end, the notion that Collins is A-OK as a coordinator and whatever stupid öööö he did here should just be forgotten by anyone doing the hiring - well most of the ones doing the hiring aren't going to look at it like that. Your body of work is your body of work and he has a öööö pile of horrible things to evaluate over the last 4 years. I can only think of one AD stupid enough to hire a guy like that for any position, Stansbury, although there are likely some head coaches stupid enough to do so. He certainly won't be in demand by anyone good. Maybe Venables should hire him, that's probably the answer.

Venerable is an awful comparison for Collins. Collins’ DC bonafides are good but thin. It is weird how he jumped from job to job.

I’m sure he would be a good DB coach at a P5 level if he is still willing to put in the work at recruiting. As a DC, I bet he has to go down a level before he would get a “good” job.

I kept looking at that tweet, thinking it was a parody account, refusing to believe that he’d get another job in college athletics.

He might have done OK here as DEPUTY AD. Like a restaurant maitre D. Just don't let him buy the groceries, spend the money, or hire the Chef.

Wow. I mean, it IS just the deputy AD - a position for which I’m sure he’s abundantly qualified - but damn. If I’m an NCSU fan, this is not an inspiring move.

I kept looking at that tweet, thinking it was a parody account, refusing to believe that he’d get another job in college athletics.
Well, Bobinski is AD at Purdue, and Radakovuich is AD at Miami. They weren't really all that must better than TStan, were they?

Radakovich definitely was.
I guess probably. He hired CPJ. He was probably the best we had in recent years, when you consider Braineless, TStan and Bobbleinsky.

But he also let that ööööing evergreen contract go on for years and years, and he left us as the only major college program still wearing those ööööing Russell Athletic unis for years after he left.

I guess probably. He hired CPJ. He was probably the best we had in recent years, when you consider Braineless, TStan and Bobbleinsky.

But he also let that ööööing evergreen contract go on for years and years, and he left us as the only major college program still wearing those ööööing Russell Athletic unis for years after he left.

Russell had some rather good years. Im actually not that impressed with adidas, but at least they haven't done that awful bubblewrap

Back