Stansbury to NC State

With an AD named Boo Corrigan it's only fitting that he would hire Todd "Oogie Boogie" Stansbury as Deputy AD.

1672889345005.png

Re-Todd found a good home at the 4th, 5th or 6th best university in the state.

With an AD named Boo Corrigan it's only fitting that he would hire Todd "Oogie Boogie" Stansbury as Deputy AD.

1672889345005.png
Can’t believe we were at GT at the same time. He looks like öööö. And how any school in the ACC can hire the guy that hired TFC is beyond comprehension. Does nobody check references anymore? Did they even call Cabrera for a character reference? Did anyone at NC St. even think to ask why he doesn’t have a cell phone?

Can’t believe we were at GT at the same time. He looks like öööö. And how any school in the ACC can hire the guy that hired TFC is beyond comprehension. Does nobody check references anymore? Did they even call Cabrera for a character reference? Did anyone at NC St. even think to ask why he doesn’t have a cell phone?

Or why his alma mater fired him...?

I don't think he was saying they're the same, just that Collins is likely much more serviceable as a DC than a head coach. His defensive record looks good at some places (he was always the first to tell us, right?), but he often wasn't around long enough to really own the success like Brent did. So... "maybe"

and some people referred to him as an “elite-high level” DC prior to coming to Tech. Just ask them!

Russell had some rather good years. Im actually not that impressed with adidas, but at least they haven't done that awful bubblewrap

Adidas brought back wide shoulder stripes, which is as critical to a GT uniform more than any other feature (save color). They're done right by me.

TBH, I thought that Stan did a pretty good job overall, except his hire of TFG turned out badly and he stubbornly hitched his wagon to him. That will get you fired in today's world of college sports. Unlike many, I don't think the extension for Pastner was a bad thing coming off the two years he had posted. But CJP's recruiting has been bad for a few years now and where we are today was foreseeable. Losing Reveno I'm certain has hurt Howard's development. Nell Fortner was a great hire, IMPO.

TBH, I thought that Stan did a pretty good job overall, except his hire of TFG turned out badly and he stubbornly hitched his wagon to him. That will get you fired in today's world of college sports. Unlike many, I don't think the extension for Pastner was a bad thing coming off the two years he had posted. But CJP's recruiting has been bad for a few years now and where we are today was foreseeable. Losing Reveno I'm certain has hurt Howard's development. Nell Fortner was a great hire, IMPO.

He's a likeable guy and cared about Tech more than Bobinski. Getting rid of the grass was bad though and is his terrible legacy. We fired Collins but apparently we can't fire the turf. If that was Stansbury's great idea of how to raise money we needed a different money raiser.

To be more evenhanded, I think standardizing Tech gold was one good change Stansbury made. How much he was personally responsible for that I don't know. We also switched to Adidas under him but I think that may have happened regardless of AD.

Back