Starting BB for Georgia Game

white&gold

Damn Good Rat
With Dedrick coming back, it will be interesting to see how CPJ splits the snaps at BBack. Marshall has had two really good games in a row, and proved he can be the feature guy IMO. I think you gotta start Marshall. What say you?

Marshall is gotta be starting. He has earned it through his play and respect for rules.

Mills probably plays some to rest Marshall at times.

Marshall definitely starts, but I expect to see a lot of Mills. Hopefully, he comes back with a monster game.

I like the possibility of short yardage situations with Jordan/Mills. Having JT and Marshall in those situations doesn't give us enough power.

With Dedrick coming back, it will be interesting to see how CPJ splits the snaps at BBack. Marshall has had two really good games in a row, and proved he can be the feature guy IMO. I think you gotta start Marshall. What say you?
I think i would go with the stronger back Mills, both should get alot of carries.

Next week, I don't know. In the future, I think we've got to find a way to get both on the field. Mills is probably our best all-around RB, but Marshall is 1 play from the endzone at any time. He's even showed a good bit of power and balance this season, so I don't know how you can leave him on the bench.

Marshall had a run yesterday where his balance helped him (stumbling and hoping) pull a 360 and redirect to get another 4 yards. I was very impressed by his performance yesterday.

Marshall should start, but we all know mills is better.

Mills might not be here next year the way he's going, give Marshall the carries

Mills lost his starting spot and unless he earns it back by beating out Marshall then he can sit his ass on the bench.

You want to start? Then get your head out of your butt.

IMHO, Marshall is the starter until somebody takes it away from him.

Marshall should start, but we all know mills is better.

So you think we should not play the best player in our biggest game of the year?

This makes no sense.

You play to win the game. Mills >>> Marshall. Feed Mills all day.

Mills lost his starting spot and unless he earns it back by beating out Marshall then he can sit his ass on the bench.

You want to start? Then get your head out of your butt.

IMHO, Marshall is the starter until somebody takes it away from him.

This is a cute philosophy and great for teaching Middle School JVers life lessons.

However, this is big boy football and COFH. Now is not the time for this bullshit.

However, this is big boy football and COFH. Now is not the time for this bullshit.
I agree - Mills has this week to step up and reclaim it. My point is simply that you don't just show up after a suspension and get your old job back. If he can't wrestle it away from Marshall this week then I guess we know which one is the big boy.

Both will start. We'll line up in the split back and run the Veer out of it. Mills at fullback, Marshall at split back.

Serious reply: To my mind you play the guy less likely to fumble, and if they're about as reliable, you play the better blocker. Fumbles and missed blocks will probably be more important in this game than tough yards. PJ should have a good feeling for this. If the way the game goes, we struggle getting tough yards, then put Mills in.

Back