Starting BB for Georgia Game

Serious reply: To my mind you play the guy less likely to fumble, and if they're about as reliable, you play the better blocker. Fumbles and missed blocks will probably be more important in this game than tough yards. PJ should have a good feeling for this. If the way the game goes, we struggle getting tough yards, then put Mills in.

Most sensible idea. Cannot have turn overs. Cannot cannot cannot.

Marshall is gotta be starting. He has earned it through his play and respect for rules.

Mills probably plays some to rest Marshall at times.
This, IMO.

I wouldn't be against having them both on the field in short yardage or goal line. Put one or the other at A-back as a lead blocker since CPJ seems to still be frustrated with the A-back blocking on the perimeter.

I am a big Marshall fan, having known his family since his days at Millbrook. When he plays, he delivers with big yardage on the ground and shows the ability to score when he gets in the open. However, I saw him miss a block on a defensive end on a pass play that about got Justin killed on Saturday. I would start him. But, he really needs to get his blocking better to play the position like it needs to be played.

Mills was the #1 all year. The coaches obviously think he is better. Marshall ran well the past two games, but he is not better than Mills.

This is COFH.

Play Mills and feed the beast.

Mills was the #1 all year. The coaches obviously think he is better. Marshall ran well the past two games, but he is not better than Mills.

This. Gotta believe Mills is the guy, but let's be honest - if Marshall is our backup, we are in great shape.

Both have had some untimely fumbles but we'll likely need Mills' power-running style against the dwags. Maybe then we can wear them out and put in Marshall later and bust a long run off a BB option or something.

The best part of this is UGA fans talking about whether they have the best RB rotation in the country right now. They might not be the best on the field Saturday.

The best part of this is UGA fans talking about whether they have the best RB rotation in the country right now. They might not be the best on the field Saturday.
UGA fan told me this morning Chubb is a top 15 pick.

I think Marshall has shown more of what it takes to be the starter for whatever reason for Mills to stay in hot water, but next season I would move Marshall to one of the A back positions along with Searcy/Lynch at the other. Mills should carry the load at B back. That would be a formidable backfield.

UGA fan told me this morning Chubb is a top 15 pick.

Chubb wasn't a 1st rounder before he had the injury issues. I said it last year and I'll keep saying it - Gurley was one of the scariest RBs I've ever seen Tech play against. Chubb looks like any other of the 4/5* RBs we play against on a regular basis. Borderline elite size/strength and decent speed, but does not look nearly as good after the injury last year. Still needs a good OL to make things happen which is why he's been pedestrian this year behind the subpar UGA OL. I could see him going in the 4th/5th round with teams looking at 2014 film and following Trent Richardson's career arc after that.

So you think we should not play the best player in our biggest game of the year?

This makes no sense.

You play to win the game. Mills >>> Marshall. Feed Mills all day.

Not sure i agree. Mills has shown the ability to be a tough runner inside, but Marshall has much more ability to take it the distance. He's shown some toughness the last 2 games, VT in particular. If he holds onto the ball and gets the tough yards, his speed and ability to make people miss is much better than Mills. Good combo between the two though.

Back