Starting QB Saturday is need to know only

Well I for one did not expect a QB crisis to occur in year 3 where both QBs have been in the program for 2 years already. But here we here…. Roster management apparently doesn’t apply to skills analysis, just whatever measurables sheet CGC lifted off of a desk in Tuscaloosa 15 years ago.

Unfortunately, I don't think the QB choice is likely to affect the outcome of this one. I don't care much who gets the start, but competition is good. Just hope we get through the game healthy.

The staff wants to get back to Sims, so it will make sense to start Yates. Once he gets buried you can bring Sims in to move the ball in garbage time and he’ll be the guy for UNC and will give us the best chance to win
Why is this a good strategy?

Id really like to know Sims’s injury timeline with respect to pre/during NIU before casting too many aspersions on him being named starter.

It’s hard to go against Yates but whooping up on KSU isn’t much of a calling card when strolling into Death Valley

Which QB wants to start? By that, which QB wants to be the first to run for his life on every play as Clemson's DL goes through our OL like öööö through a tin horn?

(I always wondered ... who the hell is running öööö through a tin horn and why?)

I figured it out.
It's going to be Gibbs. We're going all Wildcat package
Sims or Yates will be flanked out wide to account for a defender.
It will be Mason and Smith with Gibbs in the backfield, running zone read and Veer, with one or two fly sweeps with McGowan or Carter.

In general this makes sense because the opponent has to prepare for both. In this case, I doubt Clemson is very worried out our offense with either QB. They may do a little prep for our RB's.

Unfortunately, I don't think the QB choice is likely to affect the outcome of this one. I don't care much who gets the start, but competition is good. Just hope we get through the game healthy.

I wonder if we could win this game with Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes at QB, with no other changes.

JRjr

The staff wants to get back to Sims, so it will make sense to start Yates. Once he gets buried you can bring Sims in to move the ball in garbage time and he’ll be the guy for UNC and will give us the best chance to win
Prob right.

Minor point: much of this is we don’t trust coach Pat. If Fridge was QB coach then we would trust him if Sims was his guy and expect him to improve Sims so that he was a good QB.

Until this staff produces good QB play, then we aren’t going to trust them.

Back