Starting QB Saturday is need to know only

(BTW, whatever happened to changing your name to American when you move here, like everyone from Europe did for 200 years? DJ Galli).

There is a lot less overt racism now so it's not really necessary. The Italian side of my family changed their name to not have a vowel at the end so that they could get job interviews (early 1900s.) Of course most of the time they would still get turned down and apparently sometimes it would even turn violent since it eventually became obvious they were Italian, but it was at least a foot in the door.

Yates is a 60% completion guy because he’s played an FCS school and Northern Illinois. I would expect his numbers to tick down into the 50s vs better competition.

My guess is that Yates will average 3 more high percentage completions and 3 fewer runs than Sims per game. NIU not withstanding, since that was clearly an off game for Sims. I am talking over any set of games.

I know that their QB is DJ Uiagalelei (BTW, whatever happened to changing your name to American when you move here, like everyone from Europe did for 200 years? DJ Galli). And I know he was supposed to be some hotshot eleven star recruit. But I haven't seen it. With a little luck, I think Domenick and the fellas can hold them under 30.
FYI, I would imagine the name Uiagalelei was used in Hawaii way before it was part of America.

I know that their QB is DJ Uiagalelei (BTW, whatever happened to changing your name to American when you move here, like everyone from Europe did for 200 years? DJ Galli). And I know he was supposed to be some hotshot eleven star recruit. But I haven't seen it. With a little luck, I think Domenick and the fellas can hold them under 30.
The "name changing" was done by the immigration officers at Ellis Island when they couldn't spell or pronounce the immigrant's name - so they game them a new one.

My guess is that Yates will average 3 more high percentage completions and 3 fewer runs than Sims per game. NIU not withstanding, since that was clearly an off game for Sims. I am talking over any set of games.
Yea, my basic point is that Sims completed 55% of passes last year without any cupcake games - that isn’t elite, but for a true freshman on a bad team it isn’t bad. Our fans are overstating his accuracy problems based on 5 incomplete passes in the NIU game.

IMO his biggest issue is unforced fumbles. True WTF moments.

The only quarterback controversy is on this board. I really don't think there's a controversy to the coaches or the players.

How do you figure stacking the box hurts Sims? By making the throws easier? Clemson wants to go 1 on 1 with Gibbs on a swing pass?
There won't be enough time for Gibbs to swing out for a swing pass.

Yates is a 60% completion guy because he’s played an FCS school and Northern Illinois. I would expect his numbers to tick down into the 50s vs better competition.
To be fair, he’s a 70% guy on the year. I think he’ll end the season solidly in the 60’s if he continues to start.

1631841561891.png

I'd line up the RB just behind the QB, if so. Makes for a quicker mesh. Plus, the QB can watch to see if a DE is crashing down. If not, give it to the RB, if so pull it. The QB can have a trailing guy from the slot coming around and pitch it to him if that is what the read is. Just need a WR to block in that case to get a big gain.
You could be on to something here. Does anyone run that kind of offense? With those three options, you could run that play like every snap, maybe with a home-run shot pass thrown in a couple times a game to keep the defense honest? Wonder what that would look like on the flats.

You could be on to something here. Does anyone run that kind of offense? With those three options, you could run that play like every snap, maybe with a home-run shot pass thrown in a couple times a game to keep the defense honest? Wonder what that would look like on the flats.

Not sure we were really keeping Clemson honest anymore. From 2015-2018, we were 16/49 for 257 yards... and 159 of those came in 2015. From 2016-2018, we were 10/35 for 98 yards.

Back