Starting QB Saturday is need to know only

My worry is if Sims starts they're gonna stack the box and get enough possessions to hang another 70+ on us. I don't care if Yates ends up being a checkdown king I just want a game manager that demands respect with his decision making and execution on the quick plays
How do you figure stacking the box hurts Sims? By making the throws easier? Clemson wants to go 1 on 1 with Gibbs on a swing pass?

New under center offense confirmed.
I'd line up the RB just behind the QB, if so. Makes for a quicker mesh. Plus, the QB can watch to see if a DE is crashing down. If not, give it to the RB, if so pull it. The QB can have a trailing guy from the slot coming around and pitch it to him if that is what the read is. Just need a WR to block in that case to get a big gain.

I don’t see Clemson stacking the box. I am sure they are confident in going 4 DL against our 5 OL. I would hope we learn from NIU and go max protect. Use our backs and take any check down throws they give us.

QB under center with only one arm would be equally fun haha

bucky-fought-for-wakanda-1618018308.jpg

But is he enough different to change your gameplan, especially with a team like Clemson? Their LB and safeties can run with either of our QB.
Their gameplan isn’t changing. But they would respect his ability to keep on the read option more. With Yates they aren’t going to be worried about him pulling and going for a long run

He does have a cannon
I'd just like to know what happened or what is the issue is. Supposedly, Sims was lighting it up in practices up to NIU. He was shorting passes against NIU, almost like he was pulling up

Starting Sims against one of the best defenses in the country coming off an injury is a mistake.

Really it won’t matter who the QB is since our OL is like aged Swiss cheese.

I know that their QB is DJ Uiagalelei (BTW, whatever happened to changing your name to American when you move here, like everyone from Europe did for 200 years? DJ Galli). And I know he was supposed to be some hotshot eleven star recruit. But I haven't seen it. With a little luck, I think Domenick and the fellas can hold them under 30.

Their gameplan isn’t changing. But they would respect his ability to keep on the read option more. With Yates they aren’t going to be worried about him pulling and going for a long run

I would say that is balanced by the increased likelihood that Yates stays in the pocket long enough to check down to Mason/Gibbs in the flat or the TE dragging just behind the LB. Those passes are why Yates is a 60% completion guy verses 50% for Sims.

I would say that is balanced by the increased likelihood that Yates stays in the pocket long enough to check down to Mason/Gibbs in the flat or the TE dragging just behind the LB. Those passes are why Yates is a 60% completion guy verses 50% for Sims.
Yates is a 60% completion guy because he’s played an FCS school and Northern Illinois. I would expect his numbers to tick down into the 50s vs better competition.

I know that their QB is DJ Uiagalelei (BTW, whatever happened to changing your name to American when you move here, like everyone from Europe did for 200 years? DJ Galli). And I know he was supposed to be some hotshot eleven star recruit. But I haven't seen it. With a little luck, I think Domenick and the fellas can hold them under 30.
I'd feel good going into the game with a Tenuta type defense.

Back