State of the Program: Recharged Georgia Tech focused on engineering pressure

So now that TM admitted that we spend all Spring practicing against the TO, will people stop denying that this happens? Probably not. Why let facts determine the truth.

So now that TM admitted that we spend all Spring practicing against the TO, will people stop denying that this happens? Probably not. Why let facts determine the truth.

Will people stop pretending people have argued otherwise? Probably not.

You people think we suck on D because of the 4 weeks in April we spend going 1s vs 1s vs the other 16 weeks we spend going against "real offenses" during fall camp and the season? Do you realize how stupid you sound?

yeah that was the point of my post as well. It's bizarre to practice against an O you will never face but it certainly explains our poor pass defense.

Will people stop pretending people have argued otherwise? Probably not.

You people think we suck on D because of the 4 weeks in April we spend going 1s vs 1s vs the other 16 weeks we spend going against "real offenses" during fall camp and the season? Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Do you realize how stupid you sound? People argue all the time that our D doesn't practice against our O.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? People argue all the time that our D doesn't practice against our O.

So, the 12 or so practices in April, mostly in shorts or shells, is a leading cause for our defense sucking? Because of the few moments they spend actually scrimmaging 1 vs 1 in the spring, THAT'S the reason we suck?

Again, you're an imbecile if you actually believe that.

The second article loses a lot of credibility in discussing the potential depth chart. A lot of errors there.

Go Jackets!

What I want to see is if the new D affects our TOP during games. I think Roof’s bend but don’t break D allowed the other teams D to get a breather. We would be better off in the 4th quarter if the other teams D is gassed.

What I want to see is if the new D affects our TOP during games. I think Roof’s bend but don’t break D allowed the other teams D to get a breather. We would be better off in the 4th quarter if the other teams D is gassed.

I thought it would be pirates guy who would want to gas D’s, surprised it’s you

"It’s a fair criticism, then, that Georgia Tech’s defense devotes entirely too much time preparing against an offense that it never sees on Saturdays. "

interesting. plenty of people here claim this isn't true.

yep, I noticed that also--good call

The difference between success and failure is very small. Make a play and beat Tennessee in the opener. Make a stop and beat Miami. Same thing for UVA. Let me change three plays and we go 8-3. The same can be said in a good year - change a handful of plays and a great season could become a mess. That is why everything is important - every play, every game.

So, I look at his pre-season evaluation and recognize it will all come down to making winning plays that lead to victories. Both winning and losing can become contagious over the course of the season. Start 3-0 and I believe we will be fine. Lose early before Clemson and the wheels could come off.

The roster looks OK, not terrible, not great. We have enough back on offense that we ought to be better than last year. We lost our secondary and some decent linemen so that it will be hard to improve a lot on defense. If we go to more of an attack mode, who knows if that will help or hurt? Exerting more defensive pressure can backfire if we lack the speed or strength to make plays. I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Special teams, other than punting, seem average at best.

It will be an interesting year - I could see a win total between 4 and 10 wins. That’s a huge spread. I hope they are working hard and getting their minds right.

Back