State of the Program: Recharged Georgia Tech focused on engineering pressure

All of them. When pressure goes up, temp goes up.

Or am I, as usual, missing something?

Are you sure you went to GT?

It was an ideal gas law joke. He said directly proportional.

So, the 12 or so practices in April, mostly in shorts or shells, is a leading cause for our defense sucking? Because of the few moments they spend actually scrimmaging 1 vs 1 in the spring, THAT'S the reason we suck?

Again, you're an imbecile if you actually believe that.

so you're saying our D never practices against our O after the reg. season begins?

Are you sure you went to GT?

It was an ideal gas law joke. He said directly proportional.
I realize all that. But the two are also directly proportional for other gasses as well, right? Meaning when one goes up the other goes up.

I realize all that. But the two are also directly proportional for other gasses as well, right? Meaning when one goes up the other goes up.
Never mind. I see my mistake. I meant that the two were relative, not proportional.

I guess the hang up would be in the word “directly.”

so you're saying our D never practices against our O after the reg. season begins?

There is no reason for any D to practice against the TO because it is unstoppable, you can't simulate the speed and everyone on the defense will have their knees destroyed by chop blocks.

Best to just tell them to play assignment football one yard away from the LOS and hope for the best.

No. “Proportional” meaning a constant multiplier, instead of a non-linear relationship.

Yeah one of those. All gasses exhibit some non-linearity in their PV = nRT relationship as a function of temperature or pressure or something.

Most teams incorporate the option into their offense and gt always calls more passes in the spring. Its not ideal for the defense, but they aren't only practicing against the dive and the veer.

There is no reason for any D to practice against the TO because it is unstoppable, you can't simulate the speed and everyone on the defense will have their knees destroyed by chop blocks.

Best to just tell them to play assignment football one yard away from the LOS and hope for the best.

unstoppable? Tell that to Duke's defense, which stopped the hell out of it for an entire half last year.

I agree that we shouldn't practice against it though. No reason for our O to be cut-blocking our D and no reason for our D to practice against an O it will never face.

For the record, I'm getting all of this from the article, which pretty clearly states that we do practice against the TO.

Yeah one of those. All gasses exhibit some non-linearity in their PV = nRT relationship as a function of temperature or pressure or something.

^^ In case anyone stops by and wonders if this is a GT message board, wonder no more. Good job, Mr. Colt.

Will people stop pretending people have argued otherwise? Probably not.

You people think we suck on D because of the 4 weeks in April we spend going 1s vs 1s vs the other 16 weeks we spend going against "real offenses" during fall camp and the season? Do you realize how stupid you sound?
Realized it for years. So, the best coaches and players have a little cliché of a saying: "something, something, you play like you practice."

What I want to see is if the new D affects our TOP during games. I think Roof’s bend but don’t break D allowed the other teams D to get a breather. We would be better off in the 4th quarter if the other teams D is gassed.
True, but our inability on offense to make a first down let the opposing defense get off the field too.

So now that TM admitted that we spend all Spring practicing against the TO, will people stop denying that this happens? Probably not. Why let facts determine the truth.
Shouldn't it be to our advantage that other teams don't spend all spring practicing against the TO?

Back