Stay Classy dwags

As much hell as ND gets from our online fanbase, you can't beat the hospitality they dish out to welcome opposing fans. The last time I was there, every time I passed someone connected to the school, they said "Welcome to ND." Classiest road venue and its not even close.

I've probably been to 10 or 20 different games in Athens. Most against Tech but an occasional USC or Auburn thrown in there.

I think people are being a bit too harsh. Yeah, UGA has plenty of retart fans that bark in people's faces or yell stupid öööö. But I've never seen spitting or anything like that. Not saying it doesn't occur but it's got to be rare.

I've seen plenty of fights. But then again. I've seen plenty of fights at BDS. Drunk people do stupid öööö.

I've probably been to 10 or 20 different games in Athens. Most against Tech but an occasional USC or Auburn thrown in there.

I think people are being a bit too harsh. Yeah, UGA has plenty of retart fans that bark in people's faces or yell stupid öööö. But nice never seen spitting or anything like that. Not saying it doesn't occur but it's got to be rare.

I've seen plenty of fights. But then again. I've seen plenty of fights at BDS. Drunk people do stupid öööö.

yeah like if you showed your face at the tailgate on saturday

i'm kidding. i don't really care

I've only been to one game there (GT '08), and I had a fairly mild experience. I think the rain may have cooled off the atmosphere a bit.

That being said, I've been to a couple tailgates up for other games there with some Dwag friends, and it was not the most pleasant of experiences. I was up there for the Oklahoma State (I think?) game and I distinctly remember one guy nearby telling/yelling at everyone walking past in orange to go öööö themselves (greeted by general approval from those around).

My favorite story (albeit second hand) was from a buddy of mine that went out drinking in Athens on a Friday night before a home game. He ended up pretty far away from his car the next morning, and had to walk a couple miles to get back to it. He was wearing a green shirt from the previous night (note: not one of the colors of whoever UGA was playing that day), and was getting heckled by people driving by "Nice green shirt, ööögot" sort of stuff. He's a super chill guy, which adds to my amusement.

i thought we were coming up on hate week, not love me some dawgs week.

you guys make me sick.

i thought we were coming up on hate week, not love me some dawgs week.

you guys make me sick.

You are misinterpreting/misrepresenting "get over being a bunch of pussies" as "we love UGAg fans." Maybe you need to take a timeout and come back when you've settled down.

You are misinterpreting/misrepresenting "get over being a bunch of pussies" as "we love UGAg fans." Maybe you need to take a timeout and come back when you've settled down.

i think you need to remove the uga dick up your ass, how's that sound?

if your advice is not to bring your wife or kids, you know they are right.

they also have a large contingent of white trash assholes who go way beyond normal.

öööö ugay

^^^this^^^ !!

I'm going solo this year, which I'm not thrilled about. But it's been manageable if not fun for the last few games up there. My approach:

Park at the high school where most of the Tech people park. Walk straight to the campus down that road that's mostly businesses and dorms - no frats, not many tailgates. Keep the Tech gear kind of covered up outside the stadium. Keep my head down and keep my mouth shut - the worst I've ever had is people yelling stuff at me from parking lots, and I just bite my tongue, never say anything, and keep walking. Try to walk near a group of non-hostile people (Tech or U[sic]GA); if they've got kids with them, even better.

I've never had anybody get physical with me, so as long as I can control myself it's generally tolerable if unpleasant. But I do worry that one of these years I'm gonna snap and go all "Coward of the County" on somebody up there. :-)

JRjr

I'm going solo this year, which I'm not thrilled about. But it's been manageable if not fun for the last few games up there. My approach:

Park at the high school where most of the Tech people park. Walk straight to the campus down that road that's mostly businesses and dorms - no frats, not many tailgates. Keep the Tech gear kind of covered up outside the stadium. Keep my head down and keep my mouth shut - the worst I've ever had is people yelling stuff at me from parking lots, and I just bite my tongue, never say anything, and keep walking. Try to walk near a group of non-hostile people (Tech or U[sic]GA); if they've got kids with them, even better.

I've never had anybody get physical with me, so as long as I can control myself it's generally tolerable if unpleasant. But I do worry that one of these years I'm gonna snap and go all "Coward of the County" on somebody up there. :-)

JRjr

You make it sound like so much fun. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to do that.

I prefer to watch with all of my Dwag in-laws. If we win, there's mutthurt galore. If we lose, well that's what was suppose to happen so they get no joy in ribbing me.

2008 was so freaking amazing. I told them before the game we were going to win and at halftime they wouldn't let up. All I said was that the game wasn't over and we were definitely going to win. Cue the 3rd quarter, and they suddenly became very silent.

I look forward to repeat of 2008 this year.

I walked past them at one point and one of them tried to throw a shoulder at me, which I brushed off. Then when he yelled how 'bout them dogs, I responded with a piss on 'em. He called me a ööögot, and when I asked him to repeat that while getting in his face, he tried to throw a punch, so I just put him in a headlock. It was all broken up in a matter of seconds and they got tossed from the bar.

I would like to buy you a beer sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're going. I'm wearing my Gergia Dwags shirt in red and black till I get to the game.
I had a run of them printed. Black shirt. Red letters. "GERGIA DWAGS"

They won't notice. I guarantee it.

We're going. I'm wearing my Gergia Dwags shirt in red and black till I get to the game.
I had a run of them printed. Black shirt. Red letters. "GERGIA DWAGS"

They won't notice. I guarantee it.

I'm pretty sure they'll be a bit jealous. You should consider selling them at tailgates.

I've sold out of the first running. Most people buy the shirts to slip into their mutt other half's clean laundry.

Back