Step right up! Plenty of Club level tickets available.

ReeBee

Varsity Lurker
When I selected my seats (I'm fairly pleased, by the way), I commented to someone from the AA (sorry I don't know her name) that the "deal" they offered to those who were displaced by the Club seats should have been offerd to all season ticket holders. Then selection could take place in point order, like all other seats.

I personally don't feel that an extra $1500 PER SEAT is worth it, but I might have been willing to try if I were given at least a partial "credit" for my years of season tickets. As I understand the deal, $100 per year, declining to $0 in five years.

She told me that they had sold 1200 seats, but that didn't agree with the selection chart, which had perhaps 150-200 seats colored in.

She then told me that the program was not designed without considering what had been done at other schools, and "...AT GEORGIA YOU HAVE TO GIVE $40,000 TO QUALIFY FOR CLUB SEATS." I told her that I didn't give a .... about what they did at Georgia, that Tech is different, and that we need to do what's best for TECH fans. Conversation quickly over.

I'm concerned about the empty seats because: they will be the first thing you'll see on TV; they will potentially be filled with visitors; that they may be filled by those who really don't support the program; and there doesn't seem to be an alternate plan.

I'm also concerned that th AA has, like other problems, adopted a bunker mentality, and it's difficult to get a clear understanding of what's going on.

Just for the record, I've never been particularly unhappy with the AA Ticket Office - I just think the'ye operating under severe restrictionf from above.

Agree about the people who are working at the stadium. My experience when I went was very good and the staff seemed to have everything under control. They don't make the rules...just follow them. I went before the grades scandel, so everyone was very friendly, that may have changed things since.
grin.gif

Your exactly right, Ree. These are just the last line of drones who go out to dictate orders from above.

Those, unnamed, unaccounatable beauracrats somewhere don't give a ___ about what you think, and won't get the message until the 04 season when Auburn, Georgia, Clemson roll off the home slate and they have a harder time filling them with visitors.

I just hope that drunk redneck from Clemson had to fix his truck and doesn't have the money to buy the ticket from his Clemson office as he did season before last. Maybe I can watch more of the game.

Ahh the dreaded club seating topic. I view Club Seats as a case where the positives outweigh the negatives. Obviously I feel for the season ticket holders who had to choose between shelling out more for seats they have had forever or moving, but I see the positive here. With arguably the best home schedule in Tech's history, those seats will not go unused or unsold. Auburn, Clemson and UGa will buy them and sit in them. So when displaced season ticket holder now on the 20 in the West Stands looks across the stadium at his old seats on the 45 and sees some Necks from Hahira whooping it up, he is going to be pissed (especially if Tech is getting it 51-7). And who is he going to be pissed at? The man in charge, Dave Braine. Multiply this high contributing disgruntled fan by 500 and the call for Braine's Elmer Fudd sized head will be so loud it can't be ignored. Add to that Braine's brillance in managing the latest "problem" and I foresee a new AD by March. See there is a silver lining in all clouds.

This is my understanding of the club level seat and it may not be correct:

All the lower east club seats have basically been sold. They don't color them orange until they have been selected. At this point, only 100 or so have been selected and colored. (Once you have selected your seat, they color it orange on the grand seating chart).

So, apparently the seats which have been sold were sold to those with low points and a low ranking and they are not scheduled to pick yet.
This makes sense in that if you want to sit close to the middle and to the field and and you do not have the point total to do so via the normal ranking then you can do so (sit close to the middle and to the field) by purchasing lower east club seats. It is less expensive than accumulating points and improving your ranking. So, those who are purchasing the lower east seats are mostly those that otherwise would be in the upper upper east or west.

This theory also explains why almost everyone in the lower west has worse seats. The displaced lower east stand folks with high rankings went to the lower west and supplanted lower west standers from their usual seats.

This, of course, is the opposite of the intended result. It was explained to everyone in the lower west who bothered to ask that they could expect to improve their seats due to normal attrition and lower west standers migrating to the lower east club seats. Another "No Braine" fiasco. It didn't happen that way. Almost all lower west standers - assuming consistently same contributions - are 5 to 10 yards worse than last year.

Goldbuzz, that basically means that either opposing fans have bought them or corporations. It wouldn't make sense that a GT fan would have low priority but be able to afford those seats. Maybe in the rare case, but not for the whole section.

As I said, the above theory, may not be correct.

But if you remember, the lower east doesn't cost much the first year, and is less than the finances required to increase your ranking via building a point total in order to get a comparable seat in the lower west.

Right, but for those seats to be cheap you'd have to have a decent point total to have had lower east seats already... plus you would need to have had season tickets for 10+ years. I've only been out of school for 2 years and pick my seats on Fri... there is no possible way GT fans have those seats.

I really do not know the details of the lower east club seats. But what keeps you from purchasing lower east club seats and if you did - how much would it be.

Is their anything anyone can name that Braine can list as an accomplishment since he's been here?

His idea of a seating plan is to let the football program disintegrate to the point that anyone can sit where they want after halftime, there will be open seating in all sections.

I'll try to answer your question GoldBuzz.

I think most people don't even factor in the credit for prior years because it's going to be phased out and quite honestly I'm not sure at what rate.

Needless to say, eventually the seat will cost either $1500 or $2000 depending on the location. Because of this, most people I've spoken with have decided to pick seats in another location so they won't be "priced" out of the chairbacks before the next reseating.

If you only buy 2 seats the cost will either be $3000 or $4000 + the regular ticket price. Based on this years season ticket cost, this would bring the per game price to roughly $560 or $720 per game. That is just too much for most people, me included.

There are some mitigating factors such as:
1) The lease fee does count toward annual giving (but it only accrues points at 0.5 per $100 instead of the full point).
2) According the AA the lease fee is tax deductible.
3) I guess you could say the comfort of the chairback seats + improved concessions.

If we had a perennial top ten team with a stadium that was sold out every game, I MIGHT be able to see charging that much, but when you can buy seats for every game (except maybe UGA) less than face, I think the AA is overreaching.

Hey everybody, please feel free to come and join us. We'll start a "ZOO CREW" not afraid to "BOO"!

We went yesterday and were able to land 10 Upper West seats in SEC 205 (same as last year) on about the 45 yard line (about the same as last year).  We have seats 7 - 11 in rows 25 and 26.

I don't like the way things are starting out already for the upcoming campaign BUT I'll ALWAYS look forward to going to the stadium irregardless!

I'm going for my reseating appointment tomorrow.
I've been sitting in the lower west for 21 straight years(Sec. 109, Row 26). I was hoping to improve my seat location(maybe get to Sec. 108), but from what I'm reading, looks like we may get displaced(closer to goal line). Sure hope me gets my old seats back, at least.
frown.gif

I'll let ya'll know what happens tomorrow.

For all us out-of-towners, can someone please take a dig. camera with them and snap a few pictures of the stadium?

Thanks!
JJ

Talked to an old friend today who had just got back from picking his seats. He had seats last year in the chairback east seats and was hoping to get those same seats this year as Club level seats. He was surprised to find that only a couple hundred of these seats had sold, and he was able to get seats almost on the 50 yard line. Hardly anyone is getting these seats, he said. Everyone is moving over to the lower west, and as a result, these seats are mostly gone. He said a few rows at the bottom of some of the 10 to 15 yard line seats are still available, but any higher seats in the lower west only face the endzone. He spoke with a GTAA employee about the Club level "situation", and this person told him that after the seating process is over something would be done to sell those unsold seats.
Well, isn't that special?
I wonder what will be done. I'm sure that the people dislocated in the west will be eager to hear the new plan. So will Auburn fans, UGA and FSU fans. We are talking about thousands of seats between the 25's. My friend also stated that the GTAA person mentioned that GTAA employees might be offered those seats if they go unused. I wonder if the folks at Encore Tickets has an updated list of employees at the AA?
Anyone else at the stadium in the last couple of days? Is this a true account of the lower east?
BOO

Back to the lower east club seats theory. It seems that my theory espoused above is not plausible.

So, are the lower east club seats really almost sold out?

And if they are, but not yet selected as indicated on the master seat chart, could it be that corporations purchased them and they just haven't picked them yet because they have a low AT ranking?

Or are the lower east club seats not really almost sold out?

I don't understand why the GTAA or AT Fund doesn't just tell us the truth about it.

Does anyone know?

I selected seats yesterday. I lost about 10 seats over last year on row 2 in 206 west. The girls running the seating said the lower east premium seats were not selling.

Back