Stephen Hill just declared for the NFL draft.

I was contesting the fact that 1992 was saying that a 4th round pick (which is still a mid-round pick) wasn't going to get even $200,000 next years. UFA's will make almost twice that.

If Hill goes in the 4th round he should push around $600,000 - $700,000 in salary from very limited research. To your point he could be an idiot and completely blow it, but let's not pretend that this amount of money isn't very enticing to a 20-21 year old and if managed well (huge IF) could be life changing if made over a several year career.

The $200k was the max signing bonus, not the non-guaranteed salary as I differentiated the two because beyond the first two rounds, most of the rest of the rookies simply don't stick.

The $200k was the max signing bonus, not the non-guaranteed salary as I differentiated the two because beyond the first two rounds, most of the rest of the rookies simply don't stick.

Gotcha. Sorry, misunderstood what you meant.

Yeah, I would be shocked if he even broke $50K with a signing bonus in the 4th round, but it will really depend on his combine numbers I think.

You have only 7 rounds now I think so that's 7 to 9 picks depending on if teams have multiple picks. Not sure what signing bonues are these days or if it makes a difference but the pool of players is much better now than it was with 12 rounds when I came out. 99% might be high so I will say 92%.

Mover, according to this, it's more like 50%.

http://www.sportsjourney.com/2011/0...uld-automatically-make-squad-by-barry-barnes/

In fact, the NFL kept more undrafted free agents this year than normal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ted-rookies-make-nfl-rosters-most-since-2003/

bump da bump

Let's keep this going, we are doing what we do best, second guessing the players and the coach!

According to Mover, who says about 99% of drafted guys make the team, and the rookie salary numbers I pulled up, he'll have about $375K - $425K to pay his $10K in tuition, if he gets drafted.

If he doesn't, he has to come up with $10K himself. Call me crazy, but I think I'll take the chance to get drafted.

All fine and dandy, but I'd say there is a greater than 90% chance that he goes undrafted.

Does anyone want to continue to say that Tech won't be a young team in 2012?
Being young has an impact, but once you've gotten your program established it's something you just have to deal with. You're supposed to have guys who can play ready to go. The sort of pass I gave this year was the OL, but I really thought they did okay overall. We have enough WRs in the program that they should know what they're doing.

I think we'll re-visit this post in 4 months.

Please do.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him drafted, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go free-agent or unsigned. I think he's a longshot.
I was surprised that Dwyer flamed out two years ago, and that BeBe went first round. Some of us are going to be wrong.

but dwyer got buried in depth, correct? I wish he could've move up better, but he seemed to prove his value when he actually was played.

but dwyer got buried in depth, correct? I wish he could've move up better, but he seemed to prove his value when he actually was played.

Not really. He was buried by being out of shape when he showed up to camp and injuries. He could have the starting job right now in the playoffs by attrition, but instead an undrafted free agent, John Clay, will be playing. The opportunities were/are there, he just doesn't seem to take advantage of them.

Not really. He was buried by being out of shape when he showed up to camp and injuries. He could have the starting job right now in the playoffs by attrition, but instead an undrafted free agent, John Clay, will be playing. The opportunities were/are there, he just doesn't seem to take advantage of them.

he is on IR

Being young has an impact, but once you've gotten your program established it's something you just have to deal with. You're supposed to have guys who can play ready to go. The sort of pass I gave this year was the OL, but I really thought they did okay overall. We have enough WRs in the program that they should know what they're doing.

3 years with mostly CCG's players, early attrition, and recruiting busts. We are just now beginning to see what CPJ can do, with the 2011 and 2012 classes coming on board. I agree with you, once the program is established; however, the program is no where near being, what I would call, established. 2014 will be the first year of "establishment" under CPJ.

3 years with mostly CCG's players, early attrition, and recruiting busts. We are just now beginning to see what CPJ can do, with the 2011 and 2012 classes coming on board. I agree with you, once the program is established; however, the program is no where near being, what I would call, established. 2014 will be the first year of "establishment" under CPJ.

His 7th year in the program? You're nuts if you think that. If we miss bowl games the next two years, he doesn't deserve a 7th. He needs to be above Chan standards or we'll hire Bill O'Brien when PSU fires him after 3 years. If he hasn't put things in place by year 5, when all of the players are his recruits, the leash gets really short.

Back