Stick a fork in it?

If the 2020 season isn't played at all, does 2020 count as a year of eligibility for those currently on scholarship? If not, what happens to the 85 scholarship limit when the 2021 recruits start showing up on campus?

If the interests of student athletes are our concern, we would give them the chance to enjoy the sports they enjoy playing. We would try to practice and play as safely as is reasonable. And, we would grant them an extra red shirt year to use this one time if they prefer to sit this year out. We would test and isolate those with positive results, giving them good medical care as needed.

As for fans watching the games, let them choose, they know there are risks in attending a crowded event.

Of course, if this about the money, quit acting as though we care about the players, coaches or fans. And, if it is about satisfying media and public opinions, just close everything down. You are never going to do anything that is not widely critiqued with accompanying shaming and bullying.

If the interests of student athletes are our concern, we would give them the chance to enjoy the sports they enjoy playing. We would try to practice and play as safely as is reasonable. And, we would grant them an extra red shirt year to use this one time if they prefer to sit this year out. We would test and isolate those with positive results, giving them good medical care as needed.

As for fans watching the games, let them choose, they know there are risks in attending a crowded event.

Of course, if this about the money, quit acting as though we care about the players, coaches or fans. And, if it is about satisfying media and public opinions, just close everything down. You are never going to do anything that is not widely critiqued with accompanying shaming and bullying.
Are you saying that if it’s about the money we can’t at the same time care about the players, coaches, and fans?

If the 2020 season isn't played at all, does 2020 count as a year of eligibility for those currently on scholarship? If not, what happens to the 85 scholarship limit when the 2021 recruits start showing up on campus?

Believe that it is time to invoke the law of unintended consequences! The next 4 or 5 years are going to be really strange to all college athletics because of this.

NCAA / Conferences have already tossed most of the Winter and a just about all of the Spring sports into the rubbish heap. Now they are adding fall sports to the pile. How many members will have their scholarships cut / not renewed and still have the funds to articulate at the college where they are enrolled..... How many will graduate and not want to come back...... How many will.......... (the list goes on).

Wonder how many remember Air Tasking Orders.

My Granny.

I took the GT tix office offer of a full-refund today. 1.) I don't think there will be a season. 2.) If there is it will be half-arse season. 3.) I don't like the idea of planning to go to a game and then Saturday am the opposing teams strength coach's fourth cousin tests positive and the game is cancelled. Generally speaking I've had it with uncertainty.

My ticket rep confirmed i retain my seats for 2021 and my consecutive years of purchase (22) stays intact. THWG.

I took the GT tix office offer of a full-refund today. 1.) I don't think there will be a season. 2.) If there is it will be half-arse season. 3.) I don't like the idea of planning to go to a game and then Saturday am the opposing teams strength coach's fourth cousin tests positive and the game is cancelled. Generally speaking I've had it with uncertainty.

My ticket rep confirmed i retain my seats for 2021 and my consecutive years of purchase (22) stays intact. THWG.
Silver lining if there is one—- it gives CGC an extra year to acquire players for his roster without a bad record that could hurt recruiting.

Why are you so proud of your 22 year consecutive streak? It’ll be fake. You bailed when the GTAA could need the money the most.

Why are you so proud of your 22 year consecutive streak? It’ll be fake. You bailed when the GTAA could need the money the most.

Well if i donated the $1850 (4 tix) for this year that would nearly match my lifetime giving which is about $2000. I buy tickets, consistently, that's how i've supported over the years. I am letting them take $100 off the top for the AA and I've given $300 already this year outright. But judge if you like. I've already got a guilty conscience, mine as well have the money too. Sincerely, Wyatt Earp.

On the other hand, if there is a season (even a truncated one) and a player elects to sit it out should they stay on scholarship? I don't see giving everyone an extra year of eligibility, it jacks up the whole system; rosters would need to go to 100 or more for the next 5 years to accommodate the extra class, either that or this year's class gets dumped on because there are no open slots. These are student athletes and 5 years is plenty for them to get the degree and move on. If the season gets cancelled, and you are concerned about the student athlete wouldn't you want them to finish the degree and move on rather staying another year?

Looks like the market value of a lot of college athletes is going to get kicked in the teeth just as legal compensation opens up. Can't pay if they don't play.

DBGFcl8.gif

Back