Stick a fork in it?

I prefer to have football this year, with or without fans, with or without having to play FCS teams, with or without playoffs. We bring fans into the stands, and if a bunch of them die from contracting this öööö, especially with our upper north average age being 95, they’ll cancel the rest of the season. Soccer’s come back without fans, MLB is coming back without fans, football will come back with or without fans. And when there’s a game I’ll still host a tailgate on the bridge until they try to kick us out and then I’ll claim it’s not a tailgate it’s a civil rights protest so they won’t be able to kick us out.

Last edited:
I really like golf much better without fans. It takes away the advantage big name players have of hitting spectators and bounding back into the fairway. It prevents idiots from yelling “mashed potatoes”. I hope they keep it this way.

BTW, riding in your own cart is the best thing that has happened to golf since the feathery ball was replaced.

I wish AD’s and Presidents would simply make up their mind and stick to what they decide. If you bring kids on campus and have them practice and compete there will be positives and some kids will get sick. When those players or coaches test positive they have to strictly quarantine. Either you believe the value of the athletes getting to play their sport is worth the risk of a case of COVID-19 exposure and possible case of the disease is worth the risk or you don’t. Their own commitment to distance from elderly or at risk friends and family is on them.

We already decide the risks of concussion and torn ACL’s and exposure to other diseases is worth the risk for them to get to play if they choose. If we don’t believe these risks are worth taking for kids to be on campus and participate in extracurricular activity then shut it all down until you believe the risk becomes tolerable. That might take a very long time. If you decide to play then realize there will be some illness. But, trying to play and changing schedules and other things in the hopes that no one gets COVID-19 is ridiculous. There is no way to play a safe season. You either judge the risks tolerable and roll the dice are you don’t. Show leadership.

I really like golf much better without fans. It takes away the advantage big name players have of hitting spectators and bounding back into the fairway. It prevents idiots from yelling “mashed potatoes”. I hope they keep it this way.

BTW, riding in your own cart is the best thing that has happened to golf since the feathery ball was replaced.
I rather enjoy the look of frustration on certain golfers faces when someone yells mashed potatoes or ba ba booey for the 10th time that day.

When is fall practice supposed to start? Seems unfair to not have a decision in place by then - either players will do a bunch of work for nothing, or they’ll be underprepared and probably have a higher injury risk.

JRjr

Since the 2020 season is toast it's time to consider if we will have any ball nextr season. Scientist are saying now that the antibodies only last a few weeks after having the virus. From what I have read the same holds true for the vaccines currently in trial. One thing nobody knows is long term effects of the virus. I am thinking this virus may be the end of football. How long will colleges pay staffs? Future of the sport looks very bleak I am afraid.

Since the 2020 season is toast it's time to consider if we will have any ball nextr season. Scientist are saying now that the antibodies only last a few weeks after having the virus. From what I have read the same holds true for the vaccines currently in trial. One thing nobody knows is long term effects of the virus. I am thinking this virus may be the end of football. How long will colleges pay staffs? Future of the sport looks very bleak I am afraid.
1594827900850.jpeg

Huh? Scientists are more optimistic about the vaccine than ever. Could have it by the end of the year. Just because antibodies wane doesn't mean immunity goes away.

If they don't play and let kids burn their eligibility, it will create a HUGE ööööstorm relative to recruiting/eligibility.

We experienced that in HS/College baseball this year. The effect on football will be 100x worse.

End of sports? NO. It's the End of Life as we know it! I think you should just kill yourself now and get it over with.
Nice knowin' ya.

My take on a few things:
1- if masks truly work, put them on to enter stadiums and let's play ball. If masks do not work - then don't fine me with 6 mos in jail for not wearing one.
2- if healthcare workers wear plastic face shields to protect them in hospitals- that's not too much different than the face shields a ton of football players wear in the top half of their cage. Just extend the shield down to the full length of the cage- add some downward facing air vents- and let's play ball.
3- while I'm at it....if the NCAA is fine to have players participate in 4 games and still hold their redshirt- why don't they apply this to transfers as well and let them play up to 4 games in their transfer year instead of some bogus subjective decisions by the criminals who run the NCAA?

My take on a few things:
1- if masks truly work, put them on to enter stadiums and let's play ball. If masks do not work - then don't fine me with 6 mos in jail for not wearing one.
2- if healthcare workers wear plastic face shields to protect them in hospitals- that's not too much different than the face shields a ton of football players wear in the top half of their cage. Just extend the shield down to the full length of the cage- add some downward facing air vents- and let's play ball.
3- while I'm at it....if the NCAA is fine to have players participate in 4 games and still hold their redshirt- why don't they apply this to transfers as well and let them play up to 4 games in their transfer year instead of some bogus subjective decisions by the criminals who run the NCAA?
Number 2 is being done by the NFL and I hope college football follows their lead. I also like Number 3. I would even apply it to basketball but make it so transfers could play 1/3 of the season since 4 football games is about 1/3 of football season.

Back