Stick a fork in it?

Pac 12 players have demands lol....50/50 revenue share and 6 years of health insurance

I've been watching way less sports. I don't really miss it. If we don't have football this fall, that's fine by me. I have other things to take up my time and, ultimately, it's just a game. Not worth the risk and hassle to our students' achieving their academic goals.
I agree. Never thought I would say that, but you are correct.

Been a hell of a ride. Some of my best memories were formed in and around BDS. Every year at the first home game when I walked up the ramp and the field came into view, I thanked God for letting me live to see another season. Loved watching players come in as freshmen and mature into All Conference or even All Americans. Visited so many other stadiums. I often wondered how it would all end. Always figured I would just die in the the off season. Now it looks like the actual sport will die in the off season. Glad for every game I went to, but I'm also glad that the sport is dying and not me.

Been a hell of a ride. Some of my best memories were formed in and around BDS. Every year at the first home game when I walked up the ramp and the field came into view, I thanked God for letting me live to see another season. Loved watching players come in as freshmen and mature into All Conference or even All Americans. Visited so many other stadiums. I often wondered how it would all end. Always figured I would just die in the the off season. Now it looks like the actual sport will die in the off season. Glad for every game I went to, but I'm also glad that the sport is dying and not me.

I still have hope we'll play in some capacity. Im not as old as you as I can infer from your comment, but I thought about all my memories at BDS and away venues today.

I was looking forward to making a home game or two this year, but Im sure if there are games this season ticket holders will deservedly get that opportunity before I will.

Go Jackets!

Well if football is canceled Tech will ALWAYS have a more recent national championship than Georgia.

If they cancel games I’ll kill a lot more deer.

I love GT FB but have often thought of how many fall weekends I wanted to camp, hike, hunt, or fish as well but couldn't because of wanting to attend or watch the game on TV. I fully expect to spend my fall weekends this year doing these things. I wonder if the sport isn't played this fall how many college FB fans will fail to come back?

Since the 2020 season is toast it's time to consider if we will have any ball nextr season. Scientist are saying now that the antibodies only last a few weeks after having the virus. From what I have read the same holds true for the vaccines currently in trial. One thing nobody knows is long term effects of the virus. I am thinking this virus may be the end of football. How long will colleges pay staffs? Future of the sport looks very bleak I am afraid.
T cells provide protection from the virus and last longer than normal antibodies. Vaccines will be about effective as flu vaccines.

Pac 12 players have demands lol....50/50 revenue share and 6 years of health insurance

Woah, Covid nothing compared to this kinda news if it's real.

They should have picked a season not already threatened by Covid of course. Got less "bargaining" power right now.

Not sure what the issue is, 50% of revenue seems like a fairly reasonable starting point for negotiations

Not sure what the issue is, 50% of revenue seems like a fairly reasonable starting point for negotiations

Not really. If the pac 12 has to replace its entire two deep with scrubs who are just happy to be there, it'll be cheaper for the schools. Always something to consider in negotiations.

The players do have some power here, but it isn't nearly 50%.

Back