Still offsides

RoswellWreck

Damn Good Rat
4abe794c-c89d-c3d5.jpg

I know we won the game, and it's irelivent, and I may get yelled a for bringing it up. But he was CLEARLY offsides on the "fumble" should have been 38-10. Just sayin...

Yep, but we're talking about ACC officials. And that's all the explanation you need.

I won't yell at you. I'll yell at the officials. This was a blown call that could EASILY have led to a bad shift in the momentum for the good guys.

For those watching what were the comments by the talking heads?

CPJ should send this picture to the ACC. I've got it saved on my phone if he wants it. :)

I was worried that it would cost us the game. I am quite glad it didn't.

The TV guys harped on how bad a call it was for a very long time, even after Clemson scored.

Unless you're Superman, you're not going to be intercepting a snap without being offsides. Common sense did not prevail.

Yeah the announcers were all over it. Several replays. They obviously thought it was offsides.

Then when we went offsides later in the game, they made some comment along the lines "I guess they are calling it now"

That very easily could have allowed for Clemson to get back in the game and had our guys not worked their asses of to keep momentum from swinging, it could have been a gamechanger. That sort of blown call is unacceptable. If a new sort of review is necessary to correct egregious mistakes such as that, I can't say I'll be against it.

Tape is sent to the league after every game to tell them what calls the refs missed. They had an article in the ajc a couple years back where johnson was talking about this. He said they expect a certain number of missed calls per game and it's normal to have some.

Tape is sent to the league after every game to tell them what calls the refs missed. They had an article in the ajc a couple years back where johnson was talking about this. He said they expect a certain number of missed calls per game and it's normal to have some.
I think those are expected to be minor.

That was a pretty god-awful no-call. The two line judges should be suspended for the remainder of the season, without pay.

I wasn't trying to suggest that this was minor; it was rather blatant. I just meant that they always send tape.

Does anyone know if a no offsides call is reviewable and/or able to be challenged?

That was a pretty god-awful no-call. The two line judges should be suspended for the remainder of the season, without pay.

lol

Overreact much?

It was an awful no call, but if they suspended refs without pay for one awful call, they wouldn't have any refs left.

Back