Still offsides

In my opinion they should change the rules so offsides calls are reviewable and challengeable. Seems like common sense. As someone said before it's not a judgment call; it's black and white (or at least just as much as determining whether someone fumbled before hitting the ground).

Before that, though, they should correct the clearly wrong rule that enables a team to gain an advantage by committing a personal foul--the one that negated Roddy's long run against Miami. To me that's a dangerous error in the rules.

I think our touchdown pass by Scott Blair 2 years ago was determined to be illegal but was not called by the officials. I guess this is payback, except this one didn't affect the outcome of the game.

I think our touchdown pass by Scott Blair 2 years ago was determined to be illegal but was not called by the officials. I guess this is payback, except this one didn't affect the outcome of the game.
They decided it was illegal because it was too deceptive (Hill basically on the sidelines), not because of any real play issues, as I recall. I'm sorry, but if your defense can't realize that there are only 10 guys lined up as usual, and this BIG receiver is on the field over there, then you deserve what you get.

That was questionable. This offsides was blatant.

They decided it was illegal because it was too deceptive (Hill basically on the sidelines), not because of any real play issues, as I recall. I'm sorry, but if your defense can't realize that there are only 10 guys lined up as usual, and this BIG receiver is on the field over there, then you deserve what you get.

Thomas you mean

B-backs David Sims and Preston Lyons combined for 110 yards on 24 carries; they alternated series.

I know we hadn't had a B-back go for over 100 this season --I'm guessing this is the first game the 'position' has broken 100. Very good sign.

Although our D has made giant strides the last 2 weeks, I was disappointed we could not hold them 3 and out after this "fumble."

Officially the wrong call:

That's like announcing that the Titanic officially sunk.

That call was worse than the Jim Joyce call. The referees should be made to officially apologize for that call. It was that bad.

Last edited:
No. Something like that isn't reviewable. And challenges in CFB are worthless anyway, because they already review every play anyway and aren't shy about buzzing down to stop play for closer review.

While not explicitly reviewable it may fall into "egregious errors" that are correctable.

"Limitations on Reviewable Plays
ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a)"

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FBC11.pdf

4abe794c-c89d-c3d5.jpg

I know we won the game, and it's irelivent, and I may get yelled a for bringing it up. But he was CLEARLY offsides on the "fumble" should have been 38-10. Just sayin...

let's say we did get the TD, then kicked it back. All the time spent, substitutions made, and plays used would have been different for the rest of the game. Sh** happens, and I'm okay with it. GT won 31-17, which is considered an ass-whooping when it's a top-5 team on the losing end.

The game ended in our favor, and who knows what else woulda-coulda-shoulda happened if the refs had actually called it and altered the course of the rest of the game (including, perhaps, the 2 INTs to lock it away in the 4th quarter)

Back