Still think Suggs is a good QB?

techjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't care what any of you say. He is NOT getting it done and will not get it done next year. I predicted two INTs today (I guess I gave him too much credit) and have predicted at LEAST two for Ugag. I told you people weeks ago- There's a reason why he ain't starting at UT!!

Defense played about as good as I thought they could though. Oh well, 7-5 ain't bad.

Oh, and for any of you that will use the, "He was pressured all day" crap. Don't even try it. He just doesn't see the field, over and underthrows his receivers and chokes when it comes down to crunch time(Clemson, Wake and FSU)!

That last pass play was the worst I've ever seen.
The staff has many questions after this game. I demand improvement.

Was it last year we signed about 4 qb's and we are stuck with this crap? Sorry, but I have had it. We lost the Clemson game just this way. Whatever makes CG think this qb can compete with the big boys?
pat.gif
pat.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I have not been a Suggs basher to this point.
I love him as a young man. I detest him as a QB.
Enough is enough. If you are going to lose with him you may as well loose with Bilbo, or Landry or Camp. I say, it is over......one of the best college coaches...Spurrier, would have jerked him.

I wish we had the answer's to all the question's you guy's put on this board,and i also feel your pain.I even agree with you to a certian point.THE THING suggs will have to improve on is how to handle pressue because right now he can't.And i'm not saying he can't play in a bigtime game and play well i'm saying in any game on the line and we are trailing he seems to choke.HE CAN LEARN ALOT FROM JH AND GG!
pat.gif

We missed big Nat tremendously today. Alonzo Jackson was in the backfield everplay. So Techjacket you predicted two interceptions...with skills like that you should move to Las Vegas

Claussen is not very good so what does that tell you about aj? I will have to say he is being put in this position by the coaches. He is doing the best he can.
wink.gif

tommie, that is one of the biggest reasons UT not real happy. There are other ways to handle the pressure other than throw int's. Coaches should know that by now.

So Suggs had a bad day and we lost. Last week he had a good day and he won. Sorry you didn't get Instant Gratification.

techsa, SS would never be in this situation. QB was priority with him.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
So Suggs had a bad day and we lost. Last week he had a good day and he won. Sorry you didn't get Instant Gratification.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you consider not losing a third game by throwing a pick on a game-winning/tie-ing drive as "instant gratification," then I suppose that you are correct, I for one am not gratified-not instantly or otherwise.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
tommie, that is one of the biggest reasons UT not real happy. There are other ways to handle the pressure other than throw int's. Coaches should know that by now.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree and the coaches and AJ will have to overcome that if TECH is to improve not only this year but also next year.BUT GUYS THEY STILL NEED EVERYONE'S SUPPORT I'M PROUD TO BE A YELLOWJACKET FAN!

IIRC, did we not lose the CU game the same way? Delayed gratification is killing me!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

All it proves is AJ is not as good as he showed last week and not as bad as he looks in the last two minutes of games. He is an average QB that Tech will have to find a way to use to win.

belly, I greatly admire you and agree with 99% of your opinions and statements. I do believe however that it is not a matter of instant gratification. This is week 9 or 10. Our young man Suggs, whom I love, just can't do the job. I love my son, but he can't do the job. I love myself, but I can't do the job. The bottom line is not that he can sometime and sometimes he can't, the bottom line is that overall, he cannnot do the job. A lot of us are in the wrong positions and a lot of us pay for it by losing those positions and finding those that we are better qualified to accomoplish. QB'ing is the survival of the fittest. Our's has shown beyond a shadow of doubt that he is not a survivor. Sorry to spout at you my friend. I admire you greatly and appreciate you.

I can't beleive what im hearing! AJ has come a LONG way since the maryland game! He is a great QB, he has really stepped up the past few weeks! We are lucky to have him!

Suggs isn't being helped by the routes the receivers run...he is forced to throw into coverage because they cannot get open...I don't think Suggs is more than barely adequate but he isn't getting a lot of help. we need to CAN the receivers coach.

Please forgive me for speaking out too often tonight but I think I am more concerned by this loss than any all year. We should have won this game. Suggs is the subject here. I honestly believe the college football is just to fast for him. His reflexes seems to be too slow for the calibre of football he is playing. He is also too slow when he has to scramble. Either a definite set of formations must be brilliantly shaped or nothing is going to change. We miss Godsey's quick reflexes something awful. Coll. football is getting to be an increasing quicker game. There are two types of QBs in big time footbal: The quick and the dead. If you are not quick, boom, you are dead. You can face inferior talent but good teams will eat you up if you do not think or act quickly.

Back