Still think Suggs is a good QB?

FWIW, I heard someone rather close to program say DBo not ready yet.

We signed 4 qb's yr. before last, didn't we? Why are we suffering? Could we not develop any of those?

I have a feeling that aj's weaknesses are not those that can be coached up, FWIW.

If it t'were done when tis done, then t'were well it were done quickly.

Some very sober points in this thread. Nice job, jolly good fellows!

I don't doubt you busy when you say:
"FWIW, I heard someone rather close to program say DBo not ready yet."

The nagging problem I have is that suggs is not ready yet either.

Dang, we are in a mell of a hess.

In my opinion, let's prepare to the strengths of our players. Adopt to their abilities from QB to Water Boy. Adopt Adopt, adopt.

Bilbo not ready yet my arse! Not ready to start maybe, but he's damned sure ready to play some quality minutes and produce some points....which by the way he already has done!!! THWG

I must disagree. There were at least three questionable no calls against the fsu secondary for pass intference. If those calls go our way I think we would be hearing a different song today.
Granted he made some poor decisions but he did throw quite a few good passes. If our recievers were not interfered with he would have had about another 100 yards passing on the day.

We are fine at QB.. there is NOBOBY who wishes he had that pass back more than Suggs... he has my support.... I see improvment, alot of it..

great quarterbacks don't have bad games and have their best games against the best opponents, rising to the occasion.

good quarterbacks are consistantly good, against weak and strong opponents. Good quarterbacks sometimes evolve into great ones. JH?

average/mediocre quarterbacks have good games and bad games. Seldom rise to the occasion, just enought athletic ability to hope for a breakthru. This is where you might find a starting freshman or sophmore qb who has potential to be a good quarterback.

Junior quarterbacks that are average are fighting an uphill battle to reach "good", not enought time left.

AJ is average/mediocre. I'm sure he will have a good game against Duke and when we play UGA, they will be gunning for him.

I don't know how we can ever contend for the ACC chahampionship with less than a good quarterback with potential for greatness.

Hey Bellyseries I hope you are not as old as I, if you are you are ready for the wagon. When a man has three children and they are in their 50's
it won't help to fudge about your age. Just kidding with you, there is a lot of joys for old cooters, like spoiling your grand kids with no responsibilities for getting them straightened out.
Glad to know I have an old Tech buddy that knows
about bending over and it taking ten minutes to straighten up.Lets all hope that our team can come together and if we have any dead wood on the staff that it will be taken care of in the off season.

techsa, that statement was made by C. Rudolph on 680 when a caller suggested qb change. He probably has heard that from a friend involved in program rather than seeing for himself, IMO.

My point was if the best of what we have is currently playing, why are we not recruiting qb's?
Why sign 4 if none can play? Were mistakes made in judging talent? I just would like to know what is going on.

Back