StingTalk is equal or BETTER to the Hive in every way.

StingTalk sure got from 300 to 400 members alot quicker than it went from 200 to 300 posters. It's growing at an exponetial rate.

With the Hive move, I am (and it seems a whole lot of others) are having an extremely difficult time just getting on; this site is excellent in its' layout and ease of posting and reading. Definite plus for Tech to have this site...
thanks for an awesome site!

Originally posted by bellyseries:
After all, we have Beeware!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">But Bulldog doesn't post here every day... yet. If he can't get on the new Hive, he will move his act over here.

I had to change my handle etc in the new Hive and I still can't get on......Oh well - I'm sure glad we have this site - it seems more informative for FB talk IMO

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
I had to change my handle etc in the new Hive and I still can't get on......Oh well - I'm sure glad we have this site - it seems more informative for FB talk IMO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm sure if you email RR or post on the old Hive, that he will help you out. He has been swamped, as you might imagine.

I'm on both sites and have had no problems using
the new Hive.

Quite honestly, I don't understand how a bunch of
GT grads or fans could have so much trouble with
login accounts to an ezboard system. I mean just
think about how many Mutts were able to get onto
the UGA boards...

I'm happy having two good GT boards now instead
of just one, like we had in the past. I fully
intend to make use of both.

CJ,

I am with you on this. If you cant use your handle then PUT AN UNDERSCORE in your_handle and reregister.

I am law_bee here, law_bee at the old hive, and lawbee at the new hive

My understanding is that if you reregister RR will zap it out pretty fast.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Hive is not a good board for discussions. It's a place for one-liners and headlines. You have more people posting stuff like, "Me too!(nm)(nfm)*******" and using those ridiculous abbreviations (Rotflmaopimp@bds@hgf w/swmboit), so that they don't have to actually post a message...just a subject line.

What I hate more than anything is a long, semi-informative sentence in the subject line, then I click on it, and there is just the end of that sentence in the message. Drives me crazy.

This format is much more suited to actual conversations. You can see all relevant posts in one click, instead of having to surf back and forward to read each reply. To be honest, the Hive and a few other boards like it are the only ones that use that format that I've ever seen. Most use this format, and for good reason.

The new hive seems to actually be a step back in a lot of ways. Obviously all the log in problems are due to the control freak nature of RR. His usual kiss-up followers will probably stay around but anyone not in the in crowd is likely to evolve over here to Stingtalk.
Stingtalk is a much better board technology wise and content wise, and as long as Beestorm and Gtfan don't develop RR's control freak nature...then I predict this board will continue to thrive and very likely surpass the hive in volume in the future. It already far outweighs the hive in quality.

bigthumbup.gif
to Stingtalk

Originally posted by beeware:
The new hive seems to actually be a step back in a lot of ways. Obviously all the log in problems are due to the control freak nature of RR. His usual kiss-up followers will probably stay around but anyone not in the in crowd is likely to evolve over here to Stingtalk.
Stingtalk is a much better board technology wise and content wise, and as long as Beestorm and Gtfan don't develop RR's control freak nature...then I predict this board will continue to thrive and very likely surpass the hive in volume in the future. It already far outweighs the hive in quality.

bigthumbup.gif
to Stingtalk
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Once again you shown your total ignorance of anything logical. The Hive's log-in problems are due to the fact that RR is faced with moving over 5,000 accounts (usernames and passwords) to the new automated EZBoards format/system.

You can probably re-register for the Hive now, but given your lack of manners... I can't see you lasting very long once again.

Originally posted by Culb:

This format is much more suited to actual conversations. You can see all relevant posts in one click, instead of having to surf back and forward to read each reply. To be honest, the Hive and a few other boards like it are the only ones that use that format that I've ever seen. Most use this format, and for good reason.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gotta disagree with you here Culb...The threaded
view found on the old Hive and old Seminole
Territory is much more suited to following a
conversation than a non-threaded format. The
threaded view allows you to ignore folks that
go off on tangents and bastardize threads.

Its also possible to choose the view you want in
ezboard forums. So you can choose threaded or
not, according to your personal preference.

I also like that this board is a free-speech friendly environment. Don't worry about the administrators getting anal on us. If they were, I would have been kicked off two weeks ago.

Also props are in order on the game predictions. Can't wait to start predicting games that have some meaning. Yo GT Fan, there was only one winner on the test run. There's plenty more where that came from. You can go ahead and pre-order my autographed David Greene jersey. I wear size XL. Go Dawgs!!

Originally posted by beeware:

bigthumbup.gif
to Stingtalk
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware,

Those of us who work in an IT (technology) field
and deal with user accounts and software will have
a clue regarding the tasks RR is handling. There
have been fewer issues than I expected to see and
it appears to be mostly from some scrambled data
and lazy posters.

Stingtalk shouldn't become an anti-Hive IMHO.

Have to agree, we need both boards. I certainly appreciate this board, but I don't see any redeeming value in slamming the Hive, RR, or its posters.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:

Stingtalk shouldn't become an anti-Hive IMHO.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree completely. Let's just enjoy the fact that we have 2 boards to talk on. If you like one better than the other, then fine. If not, then that's fine as well.

It makes Stingtalk look bad if we sit around and complain about the Hive (not saying that happens much, but it has happened some). I like the new Hive. I also like Stingtalk.

Let's just enjoy the differences.

Originally posted by coldbeer:

... but given your lack of manners...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Skunkybeer,
You are a fine one to talk to someone about manners. I hear the only manners that you have are the one's that Goldtimer is going to slap into you!!!
bash.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

By the way, shouldn't you be out burning books at a Barr rally??

Back